Anyone brick their Lumia 900?

lumiere_one

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I had heard that it was a good idea to discharge new phone batteries and recharge them from zero.... unfortunately mine would not come back on after trying to charge it back up. I used the supplied charger and other micro usb chargers, just in case it was a faulty charger(unlikely). The boot up of the phone stops at the AT&T splash screen logo after the NOKIA logo and will not proceed any farther. A real bummer. I've tried all the soft and hard resets... nothing has worked. I will most likely have to exchange for a new one tomorrow.... the day after the "Launch Day" today... Easter Sunday, as most every AT&T store is closed. Auspicious start. Anyone else possibly brick their new phone? Any other advice to try?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
How long have you tried to charge it. What I mean is if the battery is dead really dead you need to plug it in for a while before trying to turn it on maybe like 30 minutes. I know it will try to power its self hack on the second you plug it in but just leave it alone for a while let it do whatever its going to do for like a half an hour.

lumiere_one

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I left the Lumia 900 plugged into the usb charger all night... over 8 hours. Didn't touch the phone at all. Nothing different. I tried turning the phone on with it plugged into the charger as well as disconnected. Nothing different. Nothing works. Bummed for sure.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Wow that sucks I hope they exchange it for you tomorrow. I haven't let mine get below 20% yet. I might have to give it a try later in the week.

jawesome

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes when my Focus was completely dead it would take forever for it to actually boot back up. But you said you left it charging for 8 hours? Yeah somethings definitely not right.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes when my Focus was completely dead it would take forever for it to actually boot back up. But you said you left it charging for 8 hours? Yeah somethings definitely not right.

This happened with my HP Touchpad (I know, I know), I charged it all night and nothing. I then unplugged it for 30 minutes, starting again and it came back to life an hour or so later. Not sure if you have the same issue, but I guess these devices really don't like being totally dead.

lumiere_one

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, tough lesson for sure. I guess it is old school like mentioned. Oh well, just a bummer since I haven't been able to use it for the past two days. It's been a joy, just wish it would come back to life.

fourg63

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
The same thing happened to mine. It would not recognize any charger so I had to "wake up" the battery via an old trick I used on my Nintendo Advance which was in storage for 4 years. Basically plug in the charger until the capacitive buttons light up. Once they go off unplug the charger and plug it back in. Each time it will charge the battery a bit more. Repeat until it keeps charging on it's own. Good luck.

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
On the Lumia 800 once the battery is completely drained, you can only charge up using the USB charger connected to the wall power socket. Anything else such as USB charger through PC did not charge it.

oral2012

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I hope they exchange it for you tomorrow

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Don't forget, WM and WP are similar to PCs in that they need to be properly shutdown. Abrupt shutdown from a battery pull or total loss of battery could be bad for the OS.

lumiere_one

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Just got it exchanged! I'm all set again! Very happy to be back!!! The AT&T store only had one cyan colored one left! I was most likely the first customer at 9am when the store opened. Interesting, since most all AT&T stores were closed yesterday with Easter Sunday. I'm just pleased to back up and running. Thanks for all the suggestions and tips though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro