Amazon Upgrades only $19.99

RattleSnake506

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I just want to let everyone know. Upgrades are only 19.99.. That is cheap. At first I thought it would be typo... because previously upgrades are 119.99. and they are always expensive than the New Contracts. I hope this would push some more sales of the Lumia.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried to contact Amazon? They do have a lowest price guarantee.

AmazonWireless

I'll try to contact them later on. I can't see why they wouldn't honor beating their own price. Haven't even gotten mine yet, so I don't think they can say it's justified by getting it early, lol.

pezman726

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok, here's my dilema.

I have a family plan, and want to upgrade at least 2 phones to the 900. At $99, the price of the phone is a good deal, however I have heard that getting AT&T to wave the 'upgrade activation' is near impossible now. That takes the price of the phones to $270 ($135x2). Getting the phones for $55 sounds a lot nicer (and is easier on the budget), but I have heard that AT&T will NOT match any other prices.

I checked out the online deals, but If I go on amazon (or target) it only lets me select the 300mb data plan. I'm on the 200mb plan right now. I also like getting phones straight from the provider.

Questions regarding getting a phone online (target or amazon)

How can I keep my current data plan if they only list the 'new' data plan rates?
If my phone breaks within my warranty period, can I just take it to the ATT repair center, or do I need to ship it back to target/amazon?

Thanks,
pez

drankurn

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Pez, the reason for that is that you need to have atleast $20 data plan to get the price, and the 200mb plan is only $15.

but i am running into similar problem, i have the 2gb for $25 plan and it still keeps asking me to select a data plan when I try to order it, seems like i'll have to just place the order on the phone.

pezman726

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Pez, the reason for that is that you need to have atleast $20 data plan to get the price, and the 200mb plan is only $15.

I don't think that is the issue. I talked with reps at an AT&T store, and they said that even though it said minimum $20 data plan, what it really meant was "a data plan" and that since the current lowest is $20, that's what the ad says. My other question about the warranty though.

thanks,
pez

ftap

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Question:

I have a "ghost line".

I will add this for $19.99 and immediately cancel the data plan?

I don't see anywhere on amazon about a $250 amazon cancellation if you just cancel the data.

You are only required to keep the line active for 6 months?

wasonamit

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok, here's my dilema.

I have a family plan, and want to upgrade at least 2 phones to the 900. At $99, the price of the phone is a good deal, however I have heard that getting AT&T to wave the 'upgrade activation' is near impossible now. That takes the price of the phones to $270 ($135x2). Getting the phones for $55 sounds a lot nicer (and is easier on the budget), but I have heard that AT&T will NOT match any other prices.

I checked out the online deals, but If I go on amazon (or target) it only lets me select the 300mb data plan. I'm on the 200mb plan right now. I also like getting phones straight from the provider.

Questions regarding getting a phone online (target or amazon)

How can I keep my current data plan if they only list the 'new' data plan rates?
If my phone breaks within my warranty period, can I just take it to the ATT repair center, or do I need to ship it back to target/amazon?

Thanks,
pez

Call ATT and tell them you are ordering through Amazon and ask them to park your current data plan, once done with the amazon order call them back and they will replace the new plan amazon added with the parked plan.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Just to let people know, I just spoke with Amazon, and they easily refunded me back $100 difference with no hassle at all. The person that helped me was even shocked at the difference in price. Definately good customer support from them.

saintforlife

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Anybody know how long Amazon will sell the Lumia 900 at these low prices? Any chance they will still be $20 on May 1st (upgrade eligible on that day).

ftap

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Amazon just increased price for upgrade back to $49.99.

I barely beat the clock. I dilly dallied over decision all day. Finally ordered cyan an hour ago about 830pm Monday night ) for $19.99

Now it's showing $49.99.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05