Anyone Keeping Lumia 900 past 30 days?

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Good thing you didn't take that picture from the Lumia 900, wouldn't have looked as good.

Here it is with the Lumia

temporary-48.jpg

a little darker than the Titan but not bad at all.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
so because someone does't agree with you that this is the most perfect camera you call them trolls again you are unbelievable. Oh and everyone is making this stuff up about their camera not taking good photos and let me state for the record photos meant to capture the moment don't want anyone to say i can get my slr or dslr or point and shoot for that because we all know we carry those around every second of the day like we do our phones.

We had similar debates when the Focus first came out. I for one thought my Focus took great pics most times and accepted that it took bad pics in low light. But many hated the quality of pics. I think the same is happening with the 900.

brotherqwerty

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
You are right cell phone camera's are meant to capture the moment so when you do take that picture while out and it comes out blurry with blue spots and yellow spots say goodbye to the moment. and not once in this post i say i was going to return mine i am gauging the community on if anyone else try reading the whole thing net time.

We had similar debates when the Focus first came out. I for one thought my Focus took great pics most times and accepted that it took bad pics in low light. But many hated the quality of pics. I think the same is happening with the 900.

I think ninjaap has hit it on the head. It seems the reality is that the pictures the 900 takes are fine for 95% of the people who own the phone and they can't see the issue (myself included) but the other 5% expect much more than the average user from a phone camera and are disappointed.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm just frustrated that these pictures pale in comparison to other devices. I want to be able to show off what my phone can do. It's disappointing especially with Nokia having released a phone over a year ago with superior capabilities.
Also, after seeing the huge difference with pictures taken vs pictures edited it just seems Nokia could refine the pictures more with their software. Ex. attached.

dbgman

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I imagine they will come out with a software fox for the camera issues. They have been great so far!

Sent from my Htc Titan using Board Express

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I bought a htc one x and sold it in 2 days. I seriously think that android has become the Windows ME of the cellphone world. I understand that it does everything, but does non of them good. Its WP7 for me and if that fails IOS.

anon(5325135)

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I never expect cell phone cameras to be beast. I don't know what the idea is.

Anyway, I'm keeping the phone. This is the best smartphone I've ever had. I'm glad to carry a Windows Phone.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Good riddence Android. After a week with the Lumia 900 I love it. I can do everything I could do before with clunky Android and even MORE clunky iOS.

I'm keeping the Lumia 900 absolutely.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I never expect cell phone cameras to be beast. I don't know what the idea is.

Anyway, I'm keeping the phone. This is the best smartphone I've ever had. I'm glad to carry a Windows Phone.

i think we are all glad to carry windows phone. I love the phone , i love the OS other wise this wouldn't have been my 3rd wp. glad that you answered my question dude.

fogel35

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Keeping it. I am not good at taking photos and hardly have perfect vision but I think the camera is more than acceptable. Had to use the digital zoom to get close enough to the damn bird without it flying away.

fogel35-albums37-137.jpg

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I bought a htc one x and sold it in 2 days. I seriously think that android has become the Windows ME of the cellphone world. I understand that it does everything, but does non of them good. Its WP7 for me and if that fails IOS.

i agree with you on the android deal OS we are windows phone and by the way things look the platform should really start to take off with the strong sales of the lumia 900 and titan II...

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think ninjaap has hit it on the head. It seems the reality is that the pictures the 900 takes are fine for 95% of the people who own the phone and they can't see the issue (myself included) but the other 5% expect much more than the average user from a phone camera and are disappointed.

agree to a point i think your numbers are switched around its more like 95% are not fine and only 5% seem to have a perfect 8meg camera that competes with the other flagship phones 8meg shooters. Notice that i did not say competes with real camera's just don't want to get people confused so that whole SLR or DSLR doesn't come up again. the phone is awesome outside of that.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
yes im keeping and u make it sound that this phone is the only phone with glitches and issues.

i can see how you would think that since this is a lumia 900 thread and it is the phone that i own yeah i can see how you would think that because that is what the thread is about that is what this lumia 900 forum is for. i you go into other forums not gonna list them but i have lets see sold and totally dissed my galaxy nexus, iphone 4s and 4, all 3 sold on ebay and gazelle, htc inspire 4g, and my htc surround. go to those forums and i will be on there talking about the positives that i had and faults. can i ask you something did i commit a crime because i said i like the phone except for the camera?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I am proud to be a Nokia Lumia 900 owner, and expect to be for the foreseeable future. Would (and have) recommend the phone to anyone. Camera is well within my expectations. At least as good as my Surround. No issues, no complaints.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Right, but this a flagship device and should show off the power of what Nokia can create. The camera should be the 12 mp in their N8, there shouldn't be fingerprints on the display, the display shouldn't be flat, and there should be 32 GB of memory. People will pay the extra 100$ for a device they will have to keep for 2 years if it is as good as it gets.

People will not pay $100 more. I've been in the cellphone business for a while; in to cellphones since I was a pre-teen and the price point makes a difference. You and I may pay for it, but others wouldn't. The extra $100 off made me jump and go buy it. I would have purchased it no matter what, but definitely put the pep in my step.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm keeping mine. I have yet to take a picture with mine yet, nor will it sway my decision, regardless of how good/bad they come out.

Free = best phone on the market at that price point! I can't even get an Android device for $99 that is as good as the Nokia. It's $299 (an extra $100 for LTE). Nokia did something no one else is doing... lowered the price of by $200 less than the other LTE devices (not including the Titan II).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb