Acer Liquid Jade Primo on Verizon?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
A Verizon insider recently mentioned the possibility of the Acer Jade Primo being offered by Verizon.

If that does turn out to be the case, are there any Verizon users here who would give it a shot?

Luckyshot000

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
I would definitely consider it. The stats are similar to the 950 although it only has 1080 instead of 4k. But to be honest, on smaller than a 50" screen, I really don't notice a difference anyway. While it has a similar camera megapixel wise, I really didn't want to give up the Lumia camera. Currently, I have a 928 and in my group of friends, I'm the go to guy for the party pics because the camera takes excellent pics with little fuss. As I said though, other than those two deficiencies, the Acer is pretty equivalent and from what I understand, a lot cheaper. It will also include a keyboard, mouse and dock with the phone....

jmefab

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
I absolutely would, and I'm planning on moving my 3 lines over to Verizon from Sprint this winter. This is exactly the phone I would want.

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I would definitely consider it. The stats are similar to the 950 although it only has 1080 instead of 4k. But to be honest, on smaller than a 50" screen, I really don't notice a difference anyway. While it has a similar camera megapixel wise, I really didn't want to give up the Lumia camera. Currently, I have a 928 and in my group of friends, I'm the go to guy for the party pics because the camera takes excellent pics with little fuss. As I said though, other than those two deficiencies, the Acer is pretty equivalent and from what I understand, a lot cheaper. It will also include a keyboard, mouse and dock with the phone....

If the ball is dropped with the 950 on Verizon, this will be my prime candidate if it works with Verizon.. Moving to att for the 950 would cost me prime coverage in a whole county in florida I frequent you know like hold the phone to the sky " can you hear me now?" I can't deal with that again. If ATT would improve their coverage in that one county I'd switch in a heartbeat..

Luckyshot000

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
I would if I could. Not enough posts to put in a link. Just do a search for "Two Acer Liquid Jade Primo Smartphones Emerge". The article was on Tom's Hardware website.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like a North American release is a priority...

"At least one Acer rep told us that the company doesn't have "imminent" plans for a North American launch, so that's the hangup on that data point."​

Last edited:

3earnhardt3

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
If they did release a Verizon compatible model, especially if it is a carrier branded phone, the sales would be relatively huge as we have no other current gen option on Verizon. Acer has such a small portion of the Android market that even 1% of just Verizon would be huge for them.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
If they did release a Verizon compatible model, especially if it is a carrier branded phone, the sales would be relatively huge as we have no other current gen option on Verizon. Acer has such a small portion of the Android market that even 1% of just Verizon would be huge for them.

In other threads, Mr. Macphisto has mentioned that Microsoft is intentionally not having Verizon carry Lumia's so that other Windows Mobile OEM's can have the space. So that all makes sense.

GraniteStateColin

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes. In fact, I came here by searching for "Acer Jade Primo Verizon". I'd rather buy the Microsoft Lumia 950, but assuming that doesn't make it to Verizon and won't work as it now appears, I'd "settle" for this phone in a heartbeat. If clear no new Lumia on Verizon when this launches, I'd be a day 1 customer.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
It's a Snapdragon 808, so all the bands are there unless they are locked. The 950 and the 950XL have CDMA radios since ALL 808 and 810 processors do, but they've been locked by the firmware due to issues between Verizon and Microsoft.

The way it works with Verizon is that after an independent third party has verified an unlocked phone, Verizon must allow it on their network. That's the deal they made with the FCC.

The primary questions surrounding the Jade Primo are FCC licensing and who pays for the third party review. Acer would be wise to do this since it would allow them to sell a low cost, unlocked phone that will work on all US carriers.

The Jade Primo is going on sale in Europe for 400 Euros with keyboard, mouse, and dock. That's the equivalent of $428. When we account for the VAT in Europe, the price comes to around $360. So it's very possible we could see an unlocked Acer Jade Primo for under $400 USD with keyboard, mouse, and dock packaged.

Verizon won't sell the Jade Primo. Samsung and LG are working on Windows 10 phones that may debut in March. Haven't heard much on HTC and Motorola is considering doing a Windows version of the Droid Turbo 2. Any Verizon plans for Windows 10 are centered around March. There may be an Intel based phone in the works in an attempt to compete with the rumored Surface phone. Verizon believes this has been guaranteed as an exclusive to AT&T and is working with Lenovo/Motorola to try to make an alternative - so that may come instead of a Windows Turbo 2.

Everything is up in the air. Verizon does intend to carry Windows 10 products in tablet and phone form. They feel there is a future there. But just HOW they'll do it is not so firm inside the company right now. They weren't even given an option on the 950 because of how long they took to get the 735 to market. Microsoft also pulled them as a vendor for the Surface 3 LTE. It'll work on their network, but they were removed as a reseller. This all goes back to their lackluster handling of Microsoft products and poor support of Windows phones.

From what I've heard from my Verizon source, Verizon is locked out by Microsoft for a set period. They may give them another shot early next year - and they COULD get the 950 or 950XL with CDMA at that time, but they were not going to be part of the launch.

I think the opening for Verizon with Microsoft will come when Surface 4 launches, but they need to show some support for Windows 10 before Microsoft will bring the Surface line to Verizon. And Verizon, a carrier focused on business customers, desperately wants to sell Surface.

I do know they are very concerned about a Surface phone going to AT&T. Have no idea if that phone exists or if it would go exclusive to AT&T. MS would be smart to listen to Verizon offers if the phone is real. The Surface lineup is something they can use to get leverage with carriers. Response on Verizon to the iPad Pro at launch was WAY below expectations. They feel Surface has a lot more business cred.

Luckyshot000

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
You said your source stated Verizon 'may' get the 950/950XL early this year....any report on how early? Also, could you provide any links to information on the Samsung and LG phones. I'm stuck with either Verizon or USCC....AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile have horrible coverage in my area. My 928 is getting old and I'm ready to upgrade, I don't want to join the Android sheep but I may have to if no other options open up in the near future.

Euell Gibbons

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung ATIV SE, currently upgraded to WM10 and working very well. I bought this refurb'ed for 90 bucks. The phone performs well, but the build quality is less-than stellar.

LG has nothing other than the low-end Lancet on Verizon.

You can buy the HTC One M8 for Windows on the MS store new for $299, or refurbs for about half that.

Daniel Scanlan

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
Now that this is out can anyone confirm that this phone will work on Verizon network? I am in the market for a replacement and after the debacle of the 950 and verizon I am not willing to take chances. I also can not switch from Verizon.

Daniel Scanlan

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
I just don't understand why the makers of windows phones are ignoring Verizon (Sprint uses CDMA I think also). It makes no sense to me. Is there a bigger reason then enabling CDMA? Does verizon gain more control over the phone updates? I would like to stick with my windows phone but it is getting to the point that I may have no other option.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I just don't understand why the makers of windows phones are ignoring Verizon (Sprint uses CDMA I think also). It makes no sense to me. Is there a bigger reason then enabling CDMA? Does verizon gain more control over the phone updates? I would like to stick with my windows phone but it is getting to the point that I may have no other option.
Verizon usually doesn't let unlocked phones on their network. They have to enable it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb