Head to head comparison: Acer Jade Primo vs Microsoft Lumia 950

arielwp

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi ,
I wrote this message on the sticky thread, but I wanted to see what you guys think as well, any suggestions, opinions, thoughts on this comparison.
The Lumia 950 has great features, but the Acer's Primo offers good specs with reasonable price.
So without further ado, here is what I think:

In my opinion, if this Acer has a better camera than my current 920 (more megapixels isnt really a guarantee to something),and the rumored price is true, I'm forsaking my thoughts on purchasing the 950 and running to buy this Jade Primo asap.

Lumia 950 vs Jade Primo

Pros:
Bigger displau,
Better frontfacing camera,
Price & package- ~400$ , including mouse, keyboard and acer's display dock.

Cons:
Better screen-higher dentisy and resolution,
Better camera,
Iris scanner,
Argueable better looks (people say the 950 doesnt look premium, for me it looks just fine, it's not Nokia now but Microsoft, so don't expect anyhing fancy as the 930 was.).
Qi charging.

Battery life - nothing yet about Acer, but if they have about the same mah expect better on the Primo (Same chipset)

Verdict: The new 950 has the better camera, the overall better display, and it offers the Qi, which is pretty solid (Intentionally, I didn't mention the Hello feature,as many will agree, it is just a niche).

Yet you should remember that WP has always felt and looked amazingly even on 720p devices. Primo's 1080p isn't any bad, it is just that the 950 is noticeably better. But its price, compared to the dock-keyboard deal Acer offers, is the real deal breaker here. If you are a Lumia fan, and don't mind the price, The Lumia 950 can offers you a lot. If you feel, even a bit, that the price is too high, yet you seek the full, high-end W10M experience, Acer's Jade Primo might just give you that.

Last edited:

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
1080p screen is fine for my use.. Deciding factor for me will be if the acer makes it to Verizon or is certified to work with Verizon unlocked. Either way will work as I use Verizon LTE on Straight Talk..

ExcaliburII

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
screen resolution is good, the higher the resolution the lower the battery life. I want to see how the camera is first before making the decision though.

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
screen resolution is good, the higher the resolution the lower the battery life. I want to see how the camera is first before making the decision though.

Me too but now there is new phone from HP. Its design is the best for now but I really don't want to miss my 930 camera. I'm also waiting for a new iPhone but I prefer shooting and editing in Windows Mobile. (thanks to fhotoroom)

thewarriorchild

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft stores are having it on sale for 300 for the bundle. Not sure I will spend that much on a phone. What makes this that much better than the 650? Does my phone really need to do all that?I keep playing it from both sides. I keep telling myself I need to take out my real camera and practice...but then who wants to carry it around....Did it get all the updates like some people were saying they did not get? What should I do?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes