Acer Liquid Jade Primo

Euell Gibbons

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
4K on a phone is nothing more than a waste of battery and processor. 1080p is the sweetspot, and 720p is still perfectly acceptable. To me anything above 1080p is a negative.

Manmikey

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
It's been so long since a device we could even consider planting a flagship on that I will get the 950XL as soon as its available, to replace my 1520. But its a little disheartening that after waiting so long for a flagship, when we finally get the 950's, the "real" flagship will remain like just over the horizon, Tantalus-like, forever out of reach, receding into a future of next quarters. W10M will eventually be RTM'ed and generally released, with the qualifier that to really see what its capable of, you need to get hardware designed around W10M rather than on existing 8.1 devices which are upgraded to. But even then, we really, really need to wait for the first Intel-based, W10M phones. . . . But doesn't the conventional wisdom also suggest that first-generation is never the best, so what we really, really, really need to wait for is the second round of Intel phones. The heck with it, just give me the 950XL already. We can call it a Business-Premium-Phone-Also-Serving-as-Acting-Flagship-Pending-Launch-of-Surface-Phone (featuring Intel on-board). So long as it incorporates Windows Hello, Continuum and Hey Cortana, I don't care w we call the 950's. Just get them to market!

^^^^^^^^^^Well said mmcpher I agree 100%

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to remind posters again. 4k phones do not exist yet. Sony will be the first to the market with the new Xperia Zwhatever. What most new flagships have is a QHD, not UHD display. QHD is based on 4 times 720p, while 4k is based on 4 times 1080p. HD=720 FHD=1080p.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Someone above mentioned acer's build quality? I have 3 acer notebooks and an acer tablet right now. None have let me down. My 7720 17" beast is from 2007, with 8gb ram, a 120gb ssd and 500gb hard drive. Its fast and keeps up with newer machines that was supposed to replace it. My 4810t timeline 14" notebook is running a 120gb intel ssd, 8gb ram. It has crazy battery life (did my batteries on both machines are starting to die because of being plugged in.). Its a little thicker than the newest offerings but I still have my dvd drive and its built great with aluminum. My sons 5252 15" has been dropped, stomped etc, down a full flight of stairs etc and the only issue is 2 keys popped out and I misplaced the retaining clips.

Now, on to asus (touted as one of the best windows based brands). I had 2 out of three vivotabs croak on me now, I have heard of quality control issues from my buddies who bought asus notebooks, tablets etc.

I think acer is very under rated. I get great milage from their products and am excited to see the price of the jade primo compared to the 950xl. I may be using one of those since their is no super camera phone yet. Keep my 1020 for taking pictures and run the Jade for everything else.

Price will be a factor, as if its close to the 950 I may just get that.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Verizon users are going to be out of luck of awhile unfortunately, everything has a strong aura of deja vu all over it.

On a lighter note,
lol coincidence.PNG
talk about coincidence :evil:.

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Someone above mentioned acer's build quality? I have 3 acer notebooks and an acer tablet right now. None have let me down. My 7720 17" beast is from 2007, with 8gb ram, a 120gb ssd and 500gb hard drive. Its fast and keeps up with newer machines that was supposed to replace it. My 4810t timeline 14" notebook is running a 120gb intel ssd, 8gb ram. It has crazy battery life (did my batteries on both machines are starting to die because of being plugged in.). Its a little thicker than the newest offerings but I still have my dvd drive and its built great with aluminum. My sons 5252 15" has been dropped, stomped etc, down a full flight of stairs etc and the only issue is 2 keys popped out and I misplaced the retaining clips.

Now, on to asus (touted as one of the best windows based brands). I had 2 out of three vivotabs croak on me now, I have heard of quality control issues from my buddies who bought asus notebooks, tablets etc.

I think acer is very under rated. I get great milage from their products and am excited to see the price of the jade primo compared to the 950xl. I may be using one of those since their is no super camera phone yet. Keep my 1020 for taking pictures and run the Jade for everything else.

Price will be a factor, as if its close to the 950 I may just get that.
I have to agree. I don't remember the model number, but if I haven't swapped in a SSD (and over tightened the screws in the process) I would still be using that laptop. Now I have an Asus with a bum headphone jack.

anon(9630986)

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Acer Jade Primo

Just annonced. It should be available in the Philippines December 2015. It will cost P18,990.00 (approx $409). I think its pretty good at that price.

I'm just guessing that Acer is prioritizing markets where it is doing well. Arguably, Filipinos are receptive to the brand. It may do well here. I'm considering getting it instead of a Lumia. The price is pretty good. Non-mention of liquid cooling is a bit worrisome though.

Last edited:

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I have lumia 930 now and honestly I'm not interested in 950 because of the screen resolution & design. However, the camera quality of lumia is the best for sure which is important for me but not a must.

I guess the design of the acer is better but what I really need is a good battery. I'm suufering from battery drain in my 930 which is one of the things I'm interested in acer. FHD screen is perfect for me and anything more is a disadvantage for me.

Let's wait and see. I hope they release the update of the OS as often as MS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05