Acer Aspire Switch 11 Core i3 - Failed windows 10 upgrade?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Acer Aspire Switch 11 Core i3 - Failed windows 10 upgrade

We bought the Aspire Switch 11 Signature Edition from the Microsoft Store. Theoretically optimised windows installation and ready for upgrade to Windows 10. The site was very upbeat about it...

Out of the box and without doing anything else, I ran a full windows update. It reports that there are no updates available, but I didn't have Get Windows 10 on the taskbar and wasn't offered an upgrade.

After several chats/calls to Microsoft support, they ran diagnostics to check that it was ready to upgrade and that it was eligible, but still no upgrade offer. They asked me to install Windows 10 using the media creation tool, which I tried. It failed just after rebooting to the black screen with the white update progress circle on it and returned me back to Windows 8.1. Error message was Failed in Safe_OS phase with an error during INSTALL_RECOVERY_ENVIRONMENT operation.

Is there a general issue with upgrading the Switch 11 Core i3? Has anybody else seen issues with upgrading this computer to Windows 10? Any suggestions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos