Who is eyeing an Alcatel Idol 4S

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Yes ditto. This phone is easily included in the newest insider releases. Simply put, if the phone is running a W10M anniversary update build, then it can run the newest insider build, but I would not recommend installing it on a daily driver unless you are prepared for bugs and such. Likewise anything that does not ship with W10M i.e. older Lumias and other phones able to upgrade to W10M from WP8 may not play well on some of the insider builds or may not qualify for the newest insider builds.

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if anyone has checked out the full specs of what the hardware on this device could or is capable of. It is here. You will need to translate from Chinese. The thing I found good was the 500 nits capable brightness of the screen. I was wondering what it was capable of...

When I had my IDOL 4S, I ran it at 50% brightness, and it was plenty! Looked beautiful! I notice now with my 950 XL, i'm having to run the brightness at 75%, and it still seems a shade dimmer than the Alcatel.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
When I had my IDOL 4S, I ran it at 50% brightness, and it was plenty! Looked beautiful! I notice now with my 950 XL, i'm having to run the brightness at 75%, and it still seems a shade dimmer than the Alcatel.
Ya and without CBD. Probably the result of newer hw I am sure...I really like this phone minus a couple of pet peeves I have.

BadWolf1724

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
Thanks everyone. Appreciate the help. Talked to the store and they are holding 2 until Friday for me. Also getting 2 Incipio DualPro cases,a black one from the store and a pink/gray from Amazon for my wife.
Why does the clock stop moving when I want something to happen?

Thanks again.

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Thanks everyone. Appreciate the help. Talked to the store and they are holding 2 until Friday for me. Also getting 2 Incipio DualPro cases,a black one from the store and a pink/gray from Amazon for my wife.

Thanks again.
When I had my IDOL 4S, I picked up a case, but after an hour, I took it off; the phone is too beautiful to cover it up with cheap plastic...at first, I thought it was too slippery, but I got used to it, and appreciated its' quality glass screen and smooth curved edges...

BadWolf1724

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
When I had my IDOL 4S, I picked up a case, but after an hour, I took it off; the phone is too beautiful to cover it up with cheap plastic...at first, I thought it was too slippery, but I got used to it, and appreciated its' quality glass screen and smooth curved edges...

I've had my s6 edge for 2 years and it's close to perfect, however my wife is scrambling to get hers repaired so we can turn it in. But I know what you mean too beautiful to cover up.

korben44

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Picked one up off ebay for $170... Finally going to have WiFi Calling from T-Mobile since service in my house is spotty at best. I'm definitely not getting rid of my Lumia 950 XL... That phone is amazing. I just wish the app gap never existed. Developers suck... Not all of them, but the ones who refuse to make an app for W10M. It's not that hard. :(

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Picked one up off ebay for $170... Finally going to have WiFi Calling from T-Mobile since service in my house is spotty at best. I'm definitely not getting rid of my Lumia 950 XL... That phone is amazing. I just wish the app gap never existed. Developers suck... Not all of them, but the ones who refuse to make an app for W10M. It's not that hard. :(

I don't think its fair to say that about developers. That's like saying a restaurant should have a certain food on the menu that only 1% of people like.
Its not just about developing an app, you have to maintain it also. That costs money.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

webmeister

Sep 27, 2017
Visit site
These are now available for $249 Canadian on the Microsoft Canada Store. I just snapped one up. I’ve always wanted to try it out so this is pretty low risk! Looks like a great phone according to the reviews. I will be rocking it alongside my iPhone 7 Plus.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Enjoy your new phones. Though I have moved on to iPhone I still have my 4s and I pull it out once in a while to update and play around with. It’s a beautiful phone.

B Brooks182

Nov 17, 2017
Visit site
Bought one from the Microsoft Store foe $199, even though Microsoft stopped supporting Windows 10 Mobile. Maybe they'll release the bootlocker and we can get some custom Roms in the future. The phone has everything I was looking for - front facing speakers, fingerprint reader on the back, fast processor and 4GB ram. I don't do a whole lot on my phones, just texting and email. I agree that the phone is gorgeous, but I still bought a cheap case for it that I'll keep in it while I'm at work. At home I may keep it out of the case.
Couple small complaints - lack of notification light for messages, etc. And I was inside a building today and even though it showed I had a signal, I couldn't access the internet. The only time I've had it happen. Other than that, pretty happy so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs