Is mine a dud?

Andygoes

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I jumped on the T-Mobile deal yesterday after a four month flirtation with Android (Nextbit Robin) and I'm a pretty big fan of the Idol so far. However, I have a couple issues that I'm concerned about after reading through some of the forums and comments on recent posts.

1) While trying to set up my fingerprint, I can only make it through three or four pressed before the process just stops. Not a bad detection error, but it just stops, waiting for another finger press. Sometimes I get to the point where I need to try different angles, but I've yet to make it all the way through. Is this common? Is it resolved in an insider build? I switched to release preview ring to see if there was a fix there to no avail.

2) I plugged in a set of headphones last night to have a play with the VR without annoying my wife, but it didn't switch audio to my headphones. I've read other people have had similar problems. Is this hardware? Does a return and replace sort it?

I think I might have actually convinced my coworker to get one of these, so I'd hate it if there was a widespread issue with this phone!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
WDRT will reflash the factory issue version of W10M, then check for uodates to get to current.

Did you restore a backup from another phone? Maybe avoid that this go around.

TunedM52

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
I had issue #2 right out of the box. It simply would not detect when headphones were plugged in.
I used WDRT to update the firmware and reinstall Windows and the problem was gone! Software/firmware issue I suspect, definitely not hardware.

Andygoes

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok, thanks for the feedback. Issue 1 was resolved after WDRT. Issue 2 remains, but only on my Kingston HyperX headphones. My wife's iphone earbuds work. My Bose earbuds are at my office, so I'll test this tomorrow - hopefully it's just an issue with the Kingstons.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Ok, thanks for the feedback. Issue 1 was resolved after WDRT. Issue 2 remains, but only on my Kingston HyperX headphones. My wife's iphone earbuds work. My Bose earbuds are at my office, so I'll test this tomorrow - hopefully it's just an issue with the Kingstons.

Do keep us updated on this. Best of luck!

Andygoes

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Originally posted by Ariel Takom
Originally Posted by Andygoes

Do keep us updated on this. Best of luck!

Well, I'm happy to report that my Bose QC20 earbuds work on the Alcatel. The Kingston's continue to not work, but no matter - the Bose are my normal set for travel and work.

Thanks, everyone, for the help!

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey all, I jumped on the T-Mobile deal yesterday after a four month flirtation with Android (Nextbit Robin) and I'm a pretty big fan of the Idol so far. However, I have a couple issues that I'm concerned about after reading through some of the forums and comments on recent posts.

1) While trying to set up my fingerprint, I can only make it through three or four pressed before the process just stops. Not a bad detection error, but it just stops, waiting for another finger press. Sometimes I get to the point where I need to try different angles, but I've yet to make it all the way through. Is this common? Is it resolved in an insider build? I switched to release preview ring to see if there was a fix there to no avail.

2) I plugged in a set of headphones last night to have a play with the VR without annoying my wife, but it didn't switch audio to my headphones. I've read other people have had similar problems. Is this hardware? Does a return and replace sort it?

I think I might have actually convinced my coworker to get one of these, so I'd hate it if there was a widespread issue with this phone!
The headphone issue is a frequent issue with this phone I have it all the time and I've swapped the phone out 3 times swapping it for a fourth time today for a unrelated issue.

Jus keep plugging the headphones into the aux port it will eventually play through the headphones

Never had the fingerprint issue.

I would swap the phone under ur warranty replacement

Sent from Idol 4s

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I had the Kingston HyperX issue as well, on both this phone as well as the 950XL. I realized that if the mic was plugged in, it worked fine. It was only with the mic disconnected that I had a problem. I wonder if it's a WM issue.

Andygoes

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Originally posted by sketchy9
I had the Kingston HyperX issue as well, on both this phone as well as the 950XL. I realized that if the mic was plugged in, it worked fine. It was only with the mic disconnected that I had a problem. I wonder if it's a WM issue.

Can confirm same issue on 640XL - nice find! Plug in Kingston's with microphone in and it works, unplug microphone and phone switches to onboard speakers. So it seems to be WM, at least according to our small sample size of 3 different phones.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The headphone issue is a frequent issue with this phone I have it all the time and I've swapped the phone out 3 times swapping it for a fourth time today for a unrelated issue.

Jus keep plugging the headphones into the aux port it will eventually play through the headphones

Never had the fingerprint issue.

I would swap the phone under ur warranty replacement

Sent from Idol 4s
I noticed on mine, when plugging the Aux (3.5mm) jack into the phone port to an external source it will not play through it unless groove is open and already playing. Not sure why...

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I noticed on mine, when plugging the Aux (3.5mm) jack into the phone port to an external source it will not play through it unless groove is open and already playing. Not sure why...
Talked with Alcatel today they are saying the auxiliary cord has to have 3 rings on it for it to work properly checked mines in my car and it only has 2

zuZqTgp.jpg

I'm going to see if i can find a 3 ring aux today

Sent from Idol 4s

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb