Limited built-in notification sounds?

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Coming from the 950XL, I'm rather appalled at the limited selection of notification sounds available on the T-Mobile version. I like to have various apps each with their own distinct sound but I've quickly run out on the Idol. Anyone else noticed this? Any solution? I'd love to export the 950XL sounds but I have no idea how.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hijack this OP, but, this makes me wonder about something. On my 950XL, apps don't have their usual notification sound (e.g. Facebook Messenger) and they all have the same tone. There seems to be no way to change it either. Give what RumouredNow mentioned, see if that works.

Mmazeo

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Am I missing something? How do I specify sounds for different apps? All I'm seeing is a general notification sound option.

azgoth444

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Am I missing something? How do I specify sounds for different apps? All I'm seeing is a general notification sound option.

Go to settings>personalisation>sounds>manage app sounds. From there you can set what specific notification sounds to which ever apps.

Sent from mTalk

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
My Custom sounds on my L950:
Phone ringtone -bubble man theme (mega man 2)
Mail - mail MF (euro trip)
Alarm clock - Wham!(George Michael)- wake me up
Parents ringtone - Darth Vader theme
Windows central - Xbox start up

7moon12

Mar 5, 2017
Visit site
i've only done this using mp3 files-but if you connect your phone to your desktop/laptop, you can move songs/sounds from your computer over to the "ringtones" folder of your phone. whatever mp3 files you move over will be listed when you go to "settings", "ringtones" menu on your phone. you can also use those same files for notifications, such as text message.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo