Problem with going to speaker phone when moving the phone away

Bigfireq

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
On my 950XL, there's a feature that automatically turns on the speaker phone when you move the phone away from your head, and off again when you move it back. It's incredibly useful.

I turned it on with my 4S, and it doesn't seem to work correctly at the beginning of a call. I answer the call, and start to move the phone up to my head, but it turns on the speaker immediately and I always get someone screaming hello in my ear just as I'm getting the phone into place. And man, this 4S has some loud speakers! :)

Has anyone else seen this, or know of a work around? I saw it on the factory build and on the current Insider Fast build.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
My 950XL (and every other WP I've had) never switches to speaker when I move it from my ear so I can't help, but what setting are you talking about? I would like to play with that.

There was an app named Gestures beta that did things like that (answers automatically if you put the phone to your ear while ringing even if locked, switches to speaker phone if laid face up, mutes if laid face down during a call, or silences rings if laid face down between calls, etc, etc..). If I could get any apps for my Windows phones, that would be in my top 5 but its gone.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
My 950XL (and every other WP I've had) never switches to speaker when I move it from my ear so I can't help, but what setting are you talking about? I would like to play with that.

There was an app named Gestures beta that did things like that (answers automatically if you put the phone to your ear while ringing even if locked, switches to speaker phone if laid face up, mutes if laid face down during a call, or silences rings if laid face down between calls, etc, etc..). If I could get any apps for my Windows phones, that would be in my top 5 but its gone.

Phone>audio routing settings>During a call, turn on the speaker when I move my phone away from my ear (off by default).

(btw, did you ever figure out a solution for your car?)

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Phone>audio routing settings>During a call, turn on the speaker when I move my phone away from my ear (off by default).

(btw, did you ever figure out a solution for your car?)
Thanks for the setting. Never went down the audio routing rabbit hole. I turned that option on to switch to speaker.

re the car: No. Got a ton of advice on Mustang forums but so far none has worked. It can only be that manufacturing tolerances on the many parts in play all are at the wrong end for getting access to that bolt. That wouldn't be a problem on a lift or with an extra pair of strong hands or two pairs of regular hands.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I used this feature most of this week. Had no issues and it worked both ways coming from my ear or to it.

However. The issue I do have is the call screen wont turn off when brought to my ear if I answer a call while my phone is locked via fingerprint/pin. I have to unlock it go back to the call then place it at my ear for it to turn the screen off.

Anyone have that issue?

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I tried that feature after seeing your thread, and I wasn't happy with the results. I'd answer a call to my ear and the speaker would blast away, which was annoying.

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Mine would actually not work at all.
As in, when I put the phone against my ear, I couldn't hear squat. Only when I pulled my phone away and it went on speaker could I hear the person on the other end

Windows 10 Mobile really sucks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs