Messaging can't attach a gif file?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Messaging tells me it can't attach the file. No other error. I've attached them before with my 950, so I'm not sure if this is a carrier issue on my unlocked one or Messaging bug. Don't want to reset my phone just for that...anyone else seen this or similar?

Downloaded skype preview to see if I can work around it.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Messaging tells me it can't attach the file. No other error. I've attached them before with my 950, so I'm not sure if this is a carrier issue on my unlocked one or Messaging bug. Don't want to reset my phone just for that...anyone else seen this or similar?

I'm not sure what the problem is, but it won't work on my T-Mobile phone, either (and I'm on T-mo). I get the same message, so it may be something about the phone. Maybe some other people will chime in.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

I just successfully attached a GIF file to Messaging on my Tmo Idol. Sent it to my daughter. The size of the GIF was 267KB.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I just successfully attached a GIF file to Messaging on my Tmo Idol. Sent it to my daughter. The size of the GIF was 267KB.

Oh, so it might be a file size issue. I'll try a smaller file size and report back.

*Yes, it's a file size issue (at least for me). It worked when I attached a smaller GIF file size

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Sweet! Thanks. Made the registry edit for MS set it to 2048. It went now. It was set to 1024..1MB

Actually, it attached but would not send...Atleast I know the default max size is 1024. Thanks for the direction guys.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05