[T Mobile] Cellular Issue

Mmazeo

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm on an unlimited data plan with T Mobile. Suddenly today my phone just stopped working on the T Mobile data signal. It's only working on wifi. My wife's iPhone on the same plan is working fine. I've gone over my settings and am pretty sure nothing was altered.

Anyone have an idea of what I can do? Thanks.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm on an unlimited data plan with T Mobile. Suddenly today my phone just stopped working on the T Mobile data signal. It's only working on wifi. My wife's iPhone on the same plan is working fine. I've gone over my settings and am pretty sure nothing was altered.

I have a question for you.

First, is your Idol 4s the T-Mobile variant or the unlocked one?

I wonder if something else is going on T-Mobile's network for Windows Phones, since you haven't been the only one to have issues with it today.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Ahh that sucks. I was going to share a thread where someone posted a tip about this but it didn't work. Is your sim really old? Maybe you can try contacting T-Mobile to do a refresh? Sometimes having a more recent sim can help. If your sim isn't old though, maybe contacting them could help.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Call customer care and get escalated to a real tech. Request that you get a reprovision and also request that they ensure your IMEI is in their database so it receives full services.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I was going to share a thread where someone posted a tip about this but it didn't work.

I recently read a post about this too, but I forgot if it was here on WC or on Reddit, or somewhere else. Either way, the fix didn't work for very long.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I recently read a post about this too, but I forgot if it was here on WC or on Reddit, or somewhere else. Either way, the fix didn't work for very long.

It was probably the same thread here, which I think was about a 1520.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

If you haven't looked already...make sure cellular data is on (via notification center)... also try this--shut off phone, remove SIM and replace SIM tray, boot up phone. Once it's booted up, power off. Reinstall SIM and restart. See if that does anything.

Mmazeo

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
T-Mobile tech support was very helpful and patient. Guy figured out that under Sim Setting, the Internet APN and MMS APN were wiped clear, gone. He talked me through how to set them up again and it's back to working.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile tech support was very helpful and patient. Guy figured out that under Sim Setting, the Internet APN and MMS APN were wiped clear, gone. He talked me through how to set them up again and it's back to working.

Great! Glad the issue was resolved.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Glad to hear it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire