How Does The Alcatel Touch Fierce XL Compare To The Lumia 640?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
There was a comparison video that compared the 640 vs the 650 and aside from games they ran pretty similar
The Alcatel has a sd 210 processor with 2gbs of ram vs the 640s 400 processor with 1gb of ram
Just curious would the added ram give the Alcatel the edge on performance, battery, speed over the 640 since the processors are similar in speed? Does the extra ram help games run better than they do on the 650?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
There was a comparison video that compared the 640 vs the 650 and aside from games they ran pretty similar
The Alcatel has a sd 210 processor with 2gbs of ram vs the 640s 400 processor with 1gb of ram
Just curious would the added ram give the Alcatel the edge on performance, battery, speed over the 640 since the processors are similar in speed? Does the extra ram help games run better than they do on the 650?
Its an alright phone. I am actually going to sell mine tbh, if I can

While I don't play tons of games, the overall performance of the onetouch is passable but compared to my 640 xl it's a bit slow launching apps and navigating. But considering it is $140 its actually not that bad.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The SD400 is faster than the SD210 in general, the added RAM may help multitasking but not improve performance. The SD212 on the 650 is more or less on par with SD400's performance but the SD400 still has a slight edge over it.

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
After a couple months with mine, any speed difference between my 640 and the Fierce is negligible. I think what really makes the difference between the two is the 16G internal storage. Being able to have most of my day to day apps internally helps. As far as the 2G Ram, that's pretty much negated by the Snapdragon 200. They balance out to give you speed almost as good as the 640. Day to day you don't notice it.

Overall this is a really nice $140 phone. It runs the new Redstone Builds great. And really gets better with age. Battery life is steadily improving.

The one thing anyone buying this phone needs to do is to make sure you're on the latest Production build of W10M. And after you do the first update, Hard Reset the phone. You'll see a remarkable improvement in performance.

Windows Central App
Alcatel Fierce XL (Redstone)

papasurf

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't say my XL is slow by any means. I am on latest production build and loving it. I also moved my 640 to Windows 10 xxx.218 and it runs that fine. Sure the camera is the difference between the two but the XL has the size.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Sedp23
Honestly it depends on what you do. While the sd400 is faster, the ram is beneficial if you're running apps that use it. Games will usually fair better with more ram however most games are developed with 1GB in mind. The 2GB may help for later apps that may use high resource availability, but at the moment its quite negligible. In general I can tell the difference between my blu and the Alcatel. The multitouch and texting issue keep me from using the blu so Alcatel fits my needs.

Elitewolf

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
After a couple months with mine, any speed difference between my 640 and the Fierce is negligible. I think what really makes the difference between the two is the 16G internal storage. Being able to have most of my day to day apps internally helps. As far as the 2G Ram, that's pretty much negated by the Snapdragon 200. They balance out to give you speed almost as good as the 640. Day to day you don't notice it.

Overall this is a really nice $140 phone. It runs the new Redstone Builds great. And really gets better with age. Battery life is steadily improving.

The one thing anyone buying this phone needs to do is to make sure you're on the latest Production build of W10M. And after you do the first update, Hard Reset the phone. You'll see a remarkable improvement in performance.

Windows Central App
Alcatel Fierce XL (Redstone)

Hmm I would think that 2GB of ram would be a big help for apps like Edge. On my 640 It's always crashing with busy sites and I can't imagine it's the cpu at fault.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
My wife had the 640 and always had issues. We swapped to fierce and so far good. I dont think camera is quite as good, but overall very nice. Only issue I have seen is (maybe os issue) maybe once a week have to reboot because can not connect to wifi. I make a habit of rebooting once a week any way so no biggie.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre