Build 14328 - Battery Issue

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Mail and Cortana are using the battery so fast on build 14328 that I had it at 50% at 11PM, woke up and it was dead. Yesterday before work it was charged, went to work at 8, by 2PM it was down to 20% battery. I'm doing a restore today, if my phone won't last 6 hours under minimal usage - checking email - its not worth it to have the build.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Mail and Cortana are using the battery so fast on build 14328 that I had it at 50% at 11PM, woke up and it was dead. Yesterday before work it was charged, went to work at 8, by 2PM it was down to 20% battery. I'm doing a restore today, if my phone won't last 6 hours under minimal usage - checking email - its not worth it to have the build.

fast insider builds are buggy so you should be sure of what you're getting into. By the way, have you tried a soft reset? And checking if the mail app settings have changed? Maybe the syncing has changed to sync as items arrive instead of every few minutes or so. Try to reduce the time and see what happens.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Since the app won'tlet me post I came on here. Potentially the issue is a faulty usb cable. My cable was taking 5 min to recognize the phone, charged phone for 2 hours only to go from 31-33% so... It may just be the charger. I'llreport back

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
fast insider builds are buggy so you should be sure of what you're getting into. By the way, have you tried a soft reset? And checking if the mail app settings have changed? Maybe the syncing has changed to sync as items arrive instead of every few minutes or so. Try to reduce the time and see what happens.

Haha Chintan, I've tried to reply to your posts 2 times and forgot that yeah the app for the phone didn't exactly work when doing so =/. So I did check my email settings and it was based on my usage, which if it truly knew that, it should have checked once every.... 2-4 hours.

Um... I did set it to sync only every hour in case it thought otherwise. I changed the charger and it charges faster now, the old cable is broken, but still the same issue. when I went to bed at 2AM it was at 55%. Woke up at 9AM, it was dead. I don't use quiet hours. I had closed all background apps, etc.

I tried a soft-reset, but that didn't help. So.... I restored it back to factory defaults. It's just getting setup right now.

Redstone is amazing, just wish the battery issue didn't kill my experience. =(

EDIT: The one thing I'm going to truly miss will be the Camera, unless the latest updates were for everyone. The pictures were really good after the 14328 build's update.

Last edited:

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I just checked, Cortana ate 99% of the past 24 hours. I set her to be banished from the background. Let's see how it does overnight.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I just checked, Cortana ate 99% of the past 24 hours. I set her to be banished from the background. Let's see how it does overnight.

Hopefully better than mine. I'm back on 10586.211 and after... 9 hours, battery is at 72%. 6AM - 3:18PM (well 3:22PM now). I'll run the insider builds after 14328. I had the same issue in 14327 though.

Edit: 25 hours 42%.

Last edited:

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Final post for this thread and it's closed:

Build 14322 DOES NOT have the battery bug issue. The build works wonderful, especially alongside my PC with the Messaging app =D No real critical bugs yet, but I would rather see Automatic/25%/50%/75%/100% instead of Darkest, Darker, Suggested, Brighter, Brightest =/

EDIT: 2 hours, between 10AM to 12:40PM and my battery went from 86% to 72%, now I did download an update for my phone, let it patch, plugged it in during the update, and was texting a bit more than usual. So the battery isn't as great as 218, but its still great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05