Proximity sensor not turning off phone screen during call

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, has anyone else experienced this problem? My mom bought the Alcatel One Touch Fierce XL and when she talks on the phone, the screen will turn off when she holds the phone on the left side of her head, but will not turn off when she holds the phone on the right side. She then accidentally calls people on her live tiles. Thanks.

hdtvchris

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
My screen screen stays on all the time, regardless of the side. It only turns off based on my screen timeout settings.

Is there a proximity setting to enable, disable this?

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone. Is the problem still going on? It is for my moms second Alcatel Onetouch Fierce XL. We called T-Mobile last month and had a replacement phone sent. I called T-Mobile today and the support person there gave me the Alcatel support phone number that they use to keep in contact: 1-855-368-0829 (open Monday-Friday). I'm thinking to try upgrading her phone to the Fast Ring for builds and seeing if the Redstone builds fix anything.

Last edited:

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
My screen screen stays on all the time, regardless of the side. It only turns off based on my screen timeout settings.

Hello. I haven't seen a setting regarding this. It should be automatic; at least, with all the smart phones I've used the screens automatically turn on/off.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Its a hit or miss. Its pretty annoying.

hey there. a really unexpected thing happened but it fixed the proximity sensor problem and now will turn off every time my mom makes phone calls. heres what happened:

we came back from vacation and my dad had a carry on suitcase on his lap on the front passenger seat. my moms phone was on the suitcase and the window was rolled down. as my mom was driving us home she did a hard left turn and the phone slid off the suitcase out the car and fell on the road. theres just a little paint coming off the bottom of the phone, and the large clear sticker that came on the back of the phone was still on there so theres no damage in that area (she doesn't have a case), but oddly enough that drop fixed the proximity sensor issue haha. hope you two aren't having the issue anymore! if so, you can try what i did.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2