Samsung Captivate

James Kara

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Being one of the many Samsung Galaxy S smartphones being launched simultaneously in the US market, the Samsung Captivate I897 will definitely bring Android's full glory into gear for AT&T's customers who have longed for a full figured device that kicks things up a notch. The Samsung Captivate is a high-end Android smartphone with its 4-inch Super AMOLED screen and more :)
captivate.PNG

Samsung Captivate

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
The captivate completely sucks. The only way to make it usable is to root it and flash a different ROM onto the device. Samsung failed miserably this time, and will probably fail next time as well.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung captivate doesn't suck and its pretty awesome. I have AT&T 2.2 and have no plans on flashing a custom ROM.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'd have to say. Functionality wise. Its better than my Focus. Just not as elegant. In a strange way Android seems like where window mobile would have advanced to, except a lot smoother.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I can see the whole Linux vs Mac vs Windows debate coming to the phone world. People always have said you can do more in Linux, it's just not as pretty or flashy. APIs are constantly changing between kernel and software relwases. Macs are pretty, but are very locked down and you generally get pushed into the Apple ecosystem. Windows, everyone runs and it gets the job done and developers love Windows stable APIs.

Seems like all these things hold true for the phone equivalents too. :]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720