Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree28Likes

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spazzmaster View Post
    I'm a General Practitioner.
    WP didn't have Medscape when I last checked. The UI really impressed me, but why the absence of medical apps? Even BlackBerry has Medscape.
    The only way I would try WP again is if medical apps became available.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm glad that an app, or a certain type of app, does not dictate my tech buys. :)

I still don't understand why people make things up about the GS3. I never have to close anything except the occasional app I haven't used for days and I get 2 days battery life easily. Best smartphone battery life I ever had in my life. No freezing or crashes or lags etc.

Sometimes I wonder. Are these people just ******ed or making things up? I choose to be positive and respect humanity enough to say they are making things up rather than being ******ed.

Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    Well, if that is acceptable behavior, perhaps the hundreds of WP users on the forum who switched from Android should head over to the Android forum and start one new thread each, explaining how Android was frustrating trash and WP is clearly superior. I'm sure they wouldn't mind at all, and if they complained, you could just say "chill dude," right?

Seriously, I am happy that you're happy with your new ecosystem. Enjoy. Go head over there to talk about it, and we won't bother you over there about how happy we are that our phones don't crash and freeze several times a day (unlike our Android devices).
    You sound a lot more vocal about it then his post was. his post was actually quite harmless until you turned it into a pissing contest with your lies.

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Sold my lumia 810 and went back to android. Got a meizu MX. My wife has my galaxy note

I love wp but I just need a more full blown mobile device. I need background downloads and I need some apps/widgets to refresh earlier than 30 minutes, which wp doesn't allow for "live" tiles unless its the email, SMS, phone notifications. Nothing live about those tiles at all. The 30 min minimum for live tile refresh is a joke.

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I moved on from an HTC Titan II to a Galaxy Note II and it is no comparison. The Note II even beats out my wife's Lumia 920, no phone can touch it at the moment IMO.

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robstunner View Post
    Dear god you android haters are worse than the iPhone haters.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    No way Android haters are worse than iPhone haters. iPhone haters may even be worse than iPhone lovers.
    Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

Global Posts
    2,784 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spazzmaster View Post
    I'm a General Practitioner.
    WP didn't have Medscape when I last checked. The UI really impressed me, but why the absence of medical apps? Even BlackBerry has Medscape.
    The only way I would try WP again is if medical apps became available.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Palm OS had the best library of medical apps. Bar none.

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maj71303 View Post
    i moved on from an htc titan ii to a galaxy note ii and it is no comparison. The note ii even beats out my wife's lumia 920, no phone can touch it at the moment imo.
    lol

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    i switched Lumia 800 to Xperia S. After 3 months switched back to Lumia 920 and i am happy that i did.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    17,229 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fatclue_98 View Post
    Palm OS had the best library of medical apps. Bar none.
    Surprised to hear this. My wife is a registered nurse and soon to be family nurse practitioner and she is all about finding medical apps and such to complete her daily tasks formulating dosages, cross referencing prescriptions, etc. From our findings Apple seems to have the major developers catering to them the most but she will not give into buying an iPhone or iPad simply for that factor alone.
    naosuke likes this.

Global Posts
    17,229 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkokartano View Post
    i switched Lumia 800 to Xperia S. After 3 months switched back to Lumia 920 and i am happy that i did.
    The Xperia S is probably not the best representation of Android devices. It got its moment in the spotlight but it was short lived due to many shortcomings and lack of real support.

Global Posts
    2,784 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Surprised to hear this. My wife is a registered nurse and soon to be family nurse practitioner and she is all about finding medical apps and such to complete her daily tasks formulating dosages, cross referencing prescriptions, etc. From our findings Apple seems to have the major developers catering to them the most but she will not give into buying an iPhone or iPad simply for that factor alone.
    Check this out: The Largest Selection of Medical & Nursing PDA Software Online

I thought Palm T/X PDAs were pretty much required during nursing school. You can find mint examples on eBay for about $50-$75 all day long.

Global Posts
    17,229 Global Posts
    Yeah they were recommended but it wasn't enforced. My wife did very well with Epocrates suite for BB at that time, now she's moved to Android and uses the same software on her Android device.

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    To each his own. I went to WP8 from Android and can get family updates quicker, share pics easier, find data easier, text faster, etc. Battery life is twice as good as my Evo Shift, wireless charging rocks, phone is rock solid, screen is glorious, etc. Go with what works for you, but implying Android is better is simple ignorance.

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamopinheiro View Post
    Chill out, dude. That's what you do when you are deeply attached to something and you get very frustrated. This was the place I used to come for news and discussions for over a year on a daily basis, so I wanted to share my thoughts with you people, not a bartender. It was my frustration with WP that led me to buy an Android phone.
    I think the duck has an excellent point. If you want to jump just do it. If we all did what you're doing everytime we switched to a new os these forums would be filled with thousands of people wanting to share their 'unique' dramas on why they switched.

So no thanks, just go. It'll give you a chance to chill out too ;)

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lipper2000 View Post
    lol
    I'm guessing you haven't used a note 2.

Battery lasts forever. I'm talking avg 5, 6 hours of screen on time without worrying about screen brightness and not worrying about turning off extra stuff such as gps and bluetooth.

And don't give me that "because it has a big battery" crap. It has a huge screen to light up, multitasking like crazy especially with those multi windows and unlike windows phone, the android widgets can refresh in under 30 minutes.

All of these other 5 inch phones coming out still can't compare to the note 2, they are all just big phones. Samsung has actually made use of the note 2 size with multi windows and wacom digitizer.

Sent from my Meizu MX

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    The thing is really nice here and I liked it.
    mobi ritz

Global Posts
    635 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    The Xperia S is probably not the best representation of Android devices. It got its moment in the spotlight but it was short lived due to many shortcomings and lack of real support.
    What were its perceived shortcomings? I've been quite happy with mine.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234