berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I was referring to your "On a quad core 1.7ghz device, it still seemed sluggish"

you must not have seen any of the video reviews if you thought it was sluggish.

In a couple of the videos I've seen the new sense ui seems hmm, maybe sluggish isn't the word. What I was trying to say was it wasn't as responsive as a quad core 1.7ghz phone should be. (not the phone, but the sense overlay)

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
This is a gorgeous phone
have you even seen the reviews?

Ive been using wp7/8 since day 1
i never considered going to another OS.. till i saw htc one
and now im strongly considering exchaning my Lumia 920 for it
the hTC One is an awesome phone, there is alot I really like and wish were implemented in Nokia phones, front stereo speakers, amplifiers for speakers and 3.5mm jack, and the IR blaster......but
hTC support is pretty much non existent, hopefully you will never need it. Nokia is a company with actual customer service, they stand behind their products 100%. That alone makes me not consider hTC.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Have I ever needed more than 5mpixels? Yes, I am starting to try and get some of my work sent to print and may be attempting to sell it. My mum has already decided to get one of my landscape shots canvassed. Which I took with the 920.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have I ever needed more than 5mpixels? Yes, I am starting to try and get some of my work sent to print and may be attempting to sell it. My mum has already decided to get one of my landscape shots canvassed. Which I took with the 920.

My first DSLR was a Nikon D70s - fantastic camera. I had a few photos printed pretty large from that camera, including one at 4' x 3' (1.2m x 0.9m), and it still looks great today. The D70s has a 6.1MP sensor. The reason the photos from it still look better than any phone today is partly because of the physical size of the sensor, which allows in a TON of light and the grid is spaced so that each pixel is rendered clearly (unlike any phone on the market), and partly because the lenses are quite a bit better.

If you were to look up close at an image printed from a physically larger 4MP cellphone sensor like the One and a smaller 8.7 like the L920 side-by-side (assuming the lenses and processing software are of about equal quality) when printed large and only paid attention to the objective quality difference between the two, I would be willing to bet that they'll either look the same, or the One might be a touch better. Step back a bunch, and they'd probably look about the same, but I'm sure I would prefer the photo from the L920 - I like the character (subjective qualities) that the Zeiss lens/whatever sensor they sourced gives the photos that phone produces. Put either of these up to even a ten-year-old DSLR, and that will blow them away. I got a 920 because I love the photos it takes, but I still keep my large camera and lenses for when I want real quality work.

If you're at the point where you're thinking about printing large and (especially) selling your photos, a dedicated camera is probably the way to go :) Even if you were to pick up a cheap second-hand DSLR and a couple of cheap primes like a 24, a 35 and a 50, you'd really start to see the difference when viewing photos up close and printing them. You'd also have the option of trying out different focal lengths so you're not stuck at 23mm all the time if you decide to get into portraits or telephoto work.

Last edited:

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
My first DSLR was a Nikon D70s - fantastic camera. I had a few photos printed pretty large from that camera, including one at 4' x 3' (1.2m x 0.9m), and it still looks great today. The D70s has a 6.1MP sensor. The reason the photos from it still look better than any phone today is partly because of the physical size of the sensor, which allows in a TON of light and the grid is spaced so that each pixel is rendered clearly (unlike any phone on the market), and partly because the lenses are quite a bit better.

If you were to look up close at an image printed from a physically larger 4MP cellphone sensor like the One and a smaller 8.7 like the L920 side-by-side (assuming the lenses and processing software are of about equal quality) when printed large and only paid attention to the objective quality difference between the two, I would be willing to bet that they'll either look the same, or the One might be a touch better. Step back a bunch, and they'd probably look about the same, but I'm sure I would prefer the photo from the L920 - I like the character (subjective qualities) that the Zeiss lens/whatever sensor they sourced gives the photos that phone produces. Put either of these up to even a ten-year-old DSLR, and that will blow them away. I got a 920 because I love the photos it takes, but I still keep my large camera and lenses for when I want real quality work.

If you're at the point where you're thinking about printing large and (especially) selling your photos, a dedicated camera is probably the way to go :) Even if you were to pick up a cheap second-hand DSLR and a couple of cheap primes like a 24, a 35 and a 50, you'd really start to see the difference when viewing photos up close and printing them. You'd also have the option of trying out different focal lengths so you're not stuck at 23mm all the time if you decide to get into portraits or telephoto work.

The 450D (Canon, cheapest model I can get that supports RAW) is ?500 second hand...

Edit: seen it for ?120 and postage. May be time to start looking.

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
the hTC One is an awesome phone, there is alot I really like and wish were implemented in Nokia phones, front stereo speakers, amplifiers for speakers and 3.5mm jack, and the IR blaster......but

hTC support is pretty much non existent, hopefully you will never need it. Nokia is a company with actual customer service, they stand behind their products 100%. That alone makes me not consider hTC.

well where you live nokia support must be good
here in australia, people have got some defective 920s, which is fine it happens.. but we send it out to repair and we receive the 920 back which they say they repaired...within a couple of hours same fault is seen

and their response to that is ... send it back again

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I went in and looked at it today and I found it slower than the older LG Optimus G and the G is $200 cheaper if you're paying full price and the screen looked better IMOP.

sharprobert

May 25, 2013
Visit site
HTC one is awesome Phone . Its features (Quad-core 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 ,Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean),4.7 inches,2 GB DDR2) amazed me . & this phone has great camera quality & resolution. outlook was awesomastic of HTC one.htc-one-m7-black.jpg

Last edited:

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
It is sluggish or maybe its just lag. For example, when using swype or google keyboard you encounter missed swipes because for whatever processing reason it didn't read it, and it literally freezes for a half-second until it will read the swipes again. Its annoying. This happens in other scenarios as well. I think the design is gorgeous, but software-wise its a step back from the smoothness of the wp8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney