Contomplating Switching to Android

Goliemoi

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Let me start off by saying that I am a diehard microsoft and windows phone fan. The platform is great, smooth, and suits my needs well. I have always been deeply satisfied with my Htc Hd7, even despite hardware flaws. When the Lumia 920 was unveiled, I got beyond excited; I was dedicated to buying a Nokia Lumia phone. So I waited.... and waited.... and waited for Nokia, even Htc to make a move and bring one of their high end phones to my market. It never happened, and still hasn't happened yet. Even the Lumia 620 hasn't shown up! Its been about half a year since the original Lumia announcement, and I haven't heard a peep.

In the course of that time, the many Android phones have been released, with none peaking my interest. That was until Htc announced the HTC One yesterday. It seems to solve every problem I've had with the platform, and represents everything Windows Phone is not. Truly Customizable, near limitless app selection, feature packed, and constantly being updated with new and interesting features from Google. Furthermore, the hardware experience is something that simply cannot be matched by WP8. 1080p screens, ultrafast processors, 2 gb of ram, and endless camera customizations. Most importantly, it, like many other high end android phones, is available to me!!!

My loyalty to WP8 is not dead yet, and I will keep waiting patiently. But I think I speak for many WP users when I say that I am tired of waiting, tired of hoping that some day I can get the hardware that my android friends have now, tired of empty promises, and tired of the lack of support this platform is getting in general.:unhappy:

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I wish you well if you go the android route. You do realize that while there are lot of benefits with android...the wait for updates for android phones is a lot longer especially with HTC phones.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if you can order an international version anywhere on eBay if you're totally desperate and have the money but ye android is not a bad platform. I love my HTC 8X personally and find it so much better looking than any other smart phone and it satisfies my needs just perfectly, as it does for you as well :). If you really are in need I would search eBay I guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism