Google's Marties Duarte calls android "an OS for humanity"

mr-mac

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Hahahaha that's funny ;)

android is most fragmented if all pmsl.... and os for humanity pmsl... "what it allows all humans to get something? Even the ones who write dodgy data steeling or sms sending apps".

When will they learn to get some normal person to read over their **** before saying it ;)

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
It's no coincidence that Android has improved by leaps and bounds since Duarte came on board. Remember, he was the "father" of webOS. Don't judge Eclair and FroYo to what's out now. Jelly Bean is full of swipes and gestures now, I wonder where they got the idea?

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
.....for humanity? What an asinine egomaniacal comment from a corporate douchebag in a company full of self-adsorbed douchebags.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
An OS for humanity? No phone software is going to progress civilization. What an asinine egomaniacal comment from a corporate douchebag in a company full of self-adsorbed douchebags.

I think you're missing the big picture. If an OS can be installed in more phones, to reach more places and more people that would otherwise have zero chance of connecting to the rest of the world, it's definitely good for humanity. The recent events of Lybia, Egypt and Syria would not have been possible without the spread of smartphones in underdeveloped areas. Or in these cases, oppressive regimes. People on these forums blast RIM for dumping cheap Curves in Asia and India as a method of increasing market share. I submit to you, it's bigger than that.

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a douchetastic Steve Jobs wannabe. It sounds like something assbag cancerman Steve would have said. Google needs to be more exposed for all of their bull****... their 'Do No Evil' tagline is nothing these days.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a douchetastic Steve Jobs wannabe. It sounds like something assbag cancerman Steve would have said. Google needs to be more exposed for all of their bull****... their 'Do No Evil' tagline is nothing these days.

Sounds like you have no idea how the corporate world works. Duarte is in the engineering dept. Rarely do engineers and bean counters see eye-to-eye. Bean counters follow the path laid down by the advertising & marketing dept because they're good at blowing smoke up the board's ass. Then the PR/customer service dept. has to clean up the mess made by those who didn't listen to the engineering dept. in the first place. I know they don't teach this in business school, but it's reality.

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you have no idea how the corporate world works. Duarte is in the engineering dept. Rarely do engineers and bean counters see eye-to-eye. Bean counters follow the path laid down by the advertising & marketing dept because they're good at blowing smoke up the board's ass. Then the PR/customer service dept. has to clean up the mess made by those who didn't listen to the engineering dept. in the first place. I know they don't teach this in business school, but it's reality.

It sounds like he was right then. Maybe he should spend less time blowing people's asses, and more time living in reality. Duretart really is a cvnt stain.

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site

I totally agree in terms of Google being exposed -- it looks like they have been using Google Ireland to dodge tax in the UK!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ious-unethical-ways-avoiding-tax-Britain.html

What gets me mad is:

1) if an owner of a small company was doing the same thing, they would go to prison.

2) the money they haven't paid could be going to healthcare, local governments and education.

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
No wonder most of the humanity uses Android.

That doesn't say much. I remember when the VW Beetle was the most popular selling car in the world. Compared to others on the road, it was a POS. Android does pretty much everything the iPhone does at a much lower price point. I don't like the iPhone but I won't take away the fact that it really is a well built product. Any Nokia phone, even an old S40 feature phone, is better built than any plastic-clad Samsung.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss