Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By mr-mac
  • 3 Post By JerseySal
  • 1 Post By iknowsingh

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Google's Marties Duarte calls android "an OS for humanity" in a recent interview. He also says current OS and devices are fragemented on different OSes, and I thought then don't even mention Android's fragmentation. Anyway, heres the article. Android everywhere: Matias Duarte on Google’s “OS for humanity” - SlashGear
    Thoughts?

Hahahaha that's funny ;)

android is most fragmented if all pmsl.... and os for humanity pmsl... "what it allows all humans to get something? Even the ones who write dodgy data steeling or sms sending apps".

When will they learn to get some normal person to read over their **** before saying it ;)
    Thanked by:
    Bartdog and nube_android like this.

Global Posts
    2,774 Global Posts
    It's no coincidence that Android has improved by leaps and bounds since Duarte came on board. Remember, he was the "father" of webOS. Don't judge Eclair and FroYo to what's out now. Jelly Bean is full of swipes and gestures now, I wonder where they got the idea?

Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    .....for humanity? What an asinine egomaniacal comment from a corporate ********* in a company full of self-adsorbed douchebags.
    ~Sal
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseySal View Post
    An OS for humanity? No phone software is going to progress civilization. What an asinine egomaniacal comment from a corporate ********* in a company full of self-adsorbed douchebags.
    I think you're missing the big picture. If an OS can be installed in more phones, to reach more places and more people that would otherwise have zero chance of connecting to the rest of the world, it's definitely good for humanity. The recent events of Lybia, Egypt and Syria would not have been possible without the spread of smartphones in underdeveloped areas. Or in these cases, oppressive regimes. People on these forums blast RIM for dumping cheap Curves in Asia and India as a method of increasing market share. I submit to you, it's bigger than that.

Sounds like a douchetastic Steve Jobs wannabe. It sounds like something assbag cancerman Steve would have said. Google needs to be more exposed for all of their bull****... their 'Do No Evil' tagline is nothing these days.
    Thanked by:
    JerseySal likes this.

Global Posts
    2,774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iknowsingh View Post
    Sounds like a douchetastic Steve Jobs wannabe. It sounds like something assbag cancerman Steve would have said. Google needs to be more exposed for all of their bull****... their 'Do No Evil' tagline is nothing these days.
    Sounds like you have no idea how the corporate world works. Duarte is in the engineering dept. Rarely do engineers and bean counters see eye-to-eye. Bean counters follow the path laid down by the advertising & marketing dept because they're good at blowing smoke up the board's ***. Then the PR/customer service dept. has to clean up the mess made by those who didn't listen to the engineering dept. in the first place. I know they don't teach this in business school, but it's reality.

Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fatclue_98 View Post
    Sounds like you have no idea how the corporate world works. Duarte is in the engineering dept. Rarely do engineers and bean counters see eye-to-eye. Bean counters follow the path laid down by the advertising & marketing dept because they're good at blowing smoke up the board's ***. Then the PR/customer service dept. has to clean up the mess made by those who didn't listen to the engineering dept. in the first place. I know they don't teach this in business school, but it's reality.
    It sounds like he was right then. Maybe he should spend less time blowing people's asses, and more time living in reality. Duretart really is a cvnt stain.
    ~Sal

Quote Originally Posted by iknowsingh View Post
    I totally agree in terms of Google being exposed -- it looks like they have been using Google Ireland to dodge tax in the UK!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...x-Britain.html

What gets me mad is:

1) if an owner of a small company was doing the same thing, they would go to prison.

2) the money they haven't paid could be going to healthcare, local governments and education.
    Last edited by Dazzi; 05-19-2013 at 08:17 AM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    No wonder most of the humanity uses Android.

Global Posts
    2,774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalik2011 View Post
    No wonder most of the humanity uses Android.
    That doesn't say much. I remember when the VW Beetle was the most popular selling car in the world. Compared to others on the road, it was a POS. Android does pretty much everything the iPhone does at a much lower price point. I don't like the iPhone but I won't take away the fact that it really is a well built product. Any Nokia phone, even an old S40 feature phone, is better built than any plastic-clad Samsung.

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fatclue_98 View Post
    Any Nokia phone, even an old S40 feature phone, is better built than any plastic-clad Samsung.
    Because Samsung is the only company that makes Android phones right?

No, but hardly anyone else cares for Android phones made by other OEMs

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    Lol, wtf? That makes no sense…

Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by return_0 View Post
    Because Samsung is the only company that makes Android phones right?
    No. LG, Sony, Kyocera, Hawaii and others.

Global Posts
    4,812 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    Pocketnow is swooning over the HTC One.
    Of course, there are others. Sony and the XPERIA Z. LG and the Nexus devices.

(Of course, the HTC One really is a sexy beast.)
    Reviver of Forum Games! I'm TheWPCTraveler over on Nintendo Life, as well. You'll also find me over at gamrConnect as well, because I like numbers.

3DS Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109 | NNID: TheWPCTraveler
    Devices: Lumia 630, ASUS T100, Nintendo 3DS XL.
    Now Playing: Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars [3DS]
    Now Watching: Pom Poko (平成狸合戦ぽんぽこ)

I have a creepy avatar, don't I?

Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    The HTC one looks like the z10 ( body ) with the top and bottom white plastic. But the sound output is great.