Don't trust the Note 3's benchmarks

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually on the fence on this.

Because the point of benchmarking is knowing what the upper limits of the hardware are, and pegging it up to max would make sense in that context. I think it would've looked best for them to give an option, "conventional use" with scaling and powersaving measures enabled and a "performance" mode that goes all out no matter what.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually on the fence on this.

Because the point of benchmarking is knowing what the upper limits of the hardware are, and pegging it up to max would make sense in that context. I think it would've looked best for them to give an option, "conventional use" with scaling and powersaving measures enabled and a "performance" mode that goes all out no matter what.

Benchmarking is flawed from the start. You can get some useful information out of it if you actually know the parameters and how everything actually affects everything. Problem is that people usually looking at benchmarking results are just those who don't get it. That is if the benchmarking program is open about what it exactly does.
GPU world is especially famous about this and has been going since the start.

To me it just amazes Samsung would actually do this on their position. I would love not to hate Samsung as they do make true hardware innovation, but they have always seemed like such rats, especially when they grew up (similar to Huawei
blatantly stealing tech from nsn and Ericsson, going so far that they copy closed B2B site straight from nsn).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea