About new android one

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
What do you guys think about android one.will it hamper wp sales in low end.will it be a master stroke for google.what do you guys think?
From Windows phone

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
What do you guys think about android one.will it hamper wp sales in low end.will it be a master stroke for google.what do you guys think?
From Windows phone

I thought you had enough money saved up to get the new iPhone 6 instead of a motorbike:) I am surprised that you are toting a WP and asking us about Android One......

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
No iam not going to buy that device.as I told am waiting for lumia 930.i just want to know reaction of wp users in india regarding this new weapon from google.

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
From Windows phone

android one is nothing but stock android optimized for low end phones. That means ultra laggy phones will now just be very laggy. Yayyy.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Android One devices wont succeed. Reason - I don't like it :p
Okay, kidding aside. IMO, it wont be in demand as Xiomi has overhauled sales of low-mid budget droids in India. Be it Samsung or Sony, they have failed to provide good low budget droids and Xiomi is offering too many stuffs in low budget phones. Spice/Micromax wont be able to catch up with Xiomi and even if they do, guess what who cares, not me at least :-D

adkrish22290

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
What is so great about Android One. Those phones are nothing but low-end phones running stock Android (even low-end phones marketed by Indian manufacturers like Micromax, Karbonn etc. use stock Android) with the only difference being that Google will directly provide the updates (if any) to those devices. I am 100% sure that there will be no performance improvements in an Android One device, the performance will be as bad as a non-Android One low-end device. It's only because of the Indian Android fanboys and Indian media (who are biased towards Android and iPhone in the same way they show bias towards the Indian National Congress) that Android One is being praised as some "revolutionary" idea.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
To begin this, I know quite a bit about Android and how it has progressed over the past few years.

The Android One devices, and their aim and their success is highly likely, in my opinion.

The *stable* version of Android KitKat offered some massive performance improvements and early reviews of the dirt cheap Android devices say that the performance is great for the price, also Android L will improve on this as well.

The Android One devices aim to eliminate any competition from other OEMs, such as Windows Phone, by providing better phones with better features for a lesser price.

Also Google has promised 2 years of support for the Android One devices.

Obviously these devices aren't meant for power users and they might stutter and lag occasionally, but that's expected from most phones that are cheap (including Windows Phones).

But Android One has a lot of potential and can even help in boosting the economy of developing countries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven