I wish I was a fan of Android

rld082982

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
All the big announcements to come out from Google today... what was the last exciting announcement for us aside from the far off Windows 10? Is the Lumia 830 something to be excited about? Ha. What I'm most jealous of, is that the new Nexus 6 will be available on all major carriers. The extremely low end 520 is available on all major carriers right? Anything else? Sigh...

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Was the world's largest OS not important enough? Or the Surface Pro 3? Or BUILD? or E3? Or Gamescom? Or the upcoming cloud computing announcements? Or the M8 for Windows? TechEd? Literally a DOZEN announcements?

Oh but don't worry, I'm sure Google's kinda successful phone line, moderately successful tablet, and their 5th attempt at getting into TV are worthwhile announcements that overshadow all of these.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
All the big announcements to come out from Google today... what was the last exciting announcement for us aside from the far off Windows 10? Is the Lumia 830 something to be excited about? Ha. What I'm most jealous of, is that the new Nexus 6 will be available on all major carriers. The extremely low end 520 is available on all major carriers right? Anything else? Sigh...

The problem with Windows 10 is that by the time it's released, the next version of Android after Lollipop will probably be imminent. I'm not sure if any dates for the phone version were released (besides rumors), but the PC version will probably come about a year from now.

rld082982

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Was the world's largest OS not important enough? Or the Surface Pro 3? Or BUILD? or E3? Or Gamescom? Or the upcoming cloud computing announcements? Or the M8 for Windows? TechEd? Literally a DOZEN announcements?

Oh but don't worry, I'm sure Google's kinda successful phone line, moderately successful tablet, and their 5th attempt at getting into TV are worthwhile announcements that overshadow all of these.

I don't know or care about most of the things you mention. Where are the damn phones?? That's what I want to know.

rld082982

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't. Its just more of the same, more RAM, more CPU and thats it. Compare to what you get with Nokia/Microsoft - continually improved camera algorithims, new functionality like voice activation for Cortana, new features like 4K recording, auto hdr, dolby digital recording, sensorcore, I think WP flagships have more to get excited about than just the raw tech specs.

I'm a 1520 owner and I personally am more excited for the stuff that will come with Denim than having an extra 1GB of RAM, faster CPU and a higher res screen. Year after year these things get faster and bigger but there's no real thought put into getting the best ouf of them or exploiting them in unique ways. Thats why a Lumia flagship will always be more interesting to me.

Yes, I agree, but where are those flagships? The 830?! What is on the horizon? Nobody has heard squat

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

To me, 8.1,Live Tile improvements, and Cortana were all a pretty big deal. These things all happened not that long ago.

anon(9023697)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I don't get the big deal with Android and Apple and their mass saturation in the tech news world... seriously, every time I go back to my Apple iPad running IOS 8 and my Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos with Kitkat 4.4, I can't see what Windows phone is missing out on. I find doing things on my Nokia 1320 so much easier than either of these devices... I hardly think that the Note 4 running such a massive screen with all that ram and processing power is going to be all that fun to use when your battery dies within 1/2 a day of heavy use, and lets not forget how stupidly expensive it is!

XXERXESG

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I know how it feels, windows phone is starting to feel stale,like there hasn't been a dramatic change for a while sure 8.1 added features but they weren't really that polished... And the rest of the denim update is just okay... There isn't any real flagship for WP.. The 930 is just the 920 with new hardware but nothing that stands out other than the camera at the most...

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't know but the excitement when Nokia used to announce things like exclusive apps, features, phones is sorely missing.

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
The OP probably isn't subscribe to WPCentral. Almost every week, there's a new game in the store. Probably few people realized that a lot of game devs like Gameloft is supporting WP with fast releases and updates. Even Flipboard is now on WP Store (though it sounds more like Flopboard).

For me, there's also no exciting announcement with regards to hardware but that also makes me happy. Why? Because that means my Nokia Lumia 1520 is still (and feels) powerful and flagship-class even though it's almost one year since I bought it. It feels like a worthy and practical investment, especially that it would be upgraded to Windows 10 for sure.

In terms of software, Lumia Denim is probably coming around sometime in Q4, so we'd probably have something new.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa