Nokia N1 Android tablet announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I hear you man. How long is Nokia unable to make smartphones by contract with MS? I guess untill then they'll try to live from tablets and then go for Android smartphone. It could be death of WP... Anyway, I am going to buy N1 when it comes to market.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not tablet, but Nokia's Android smartphone, once contract expires.

Yep, spotted my mistake and edited. It's going to be a long while until Nokia is competitive in the Android handset marketplace, I don't think they'll hit the ground running with some kind of world class offering. See how softly they've entered the tablet market - with China first and then Russia.

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I hear you man. How long is Nokia unable to make smartphones by contract with MS? I guess untill then they'll try to live from tablets and then go for Android smartphone. It could be death of WP... Anyway, I am going to buy N1 when it comes to market.

Nokia has already started that they are NOT getting back into the mobile space at all and will just be licensing their name out to companies hence this tablet.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Let's See Whether This Devices has good durability.

This Devices not manufactured by Nokia. it's just other manufactured licensed their name. I don't know whether they will offer support like before.

This may have Nokia on it but they has yet to proof they quality.

well I don't expect qualities like Lumia devices yet (not now) but let see how far they go.
anyway good luck with your new product (sticking with Lumia devices which still has NOKIA name on it)

oh yeah Nokia Saying they not going back to smartphone business
and they lisence othe companies to make a tablet
sounds weird ._. anyway goodluck for Nokia

I'm still love looking for windows based tablet though. maybe I'll buy 1 if you make windows based tablet

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Let's See Whether This Devices has good durability.

This Devices not manufactured by Nokia. it's just other manufactured licensed their name. I don't know whether they will offer support like before.

This may have Nokia on it but they has yet to proof they quality.

well I don't expect qualities like Lumia devices yet (not now) but let see how far they go.
anyway good luck with your new product (sticking with Lumia devices which still has NOKIA name on it)

oh yeah Nokia Saying they not going back to smartphone business
and they lisence othe companies to make a tablet
sounds weird ._. anyway goodluck for Nokia

I'm still love looking for windows based tablet though. maybe I'll buy 1 if you make windows based tablet

Apple subs out their manufacturing and their quality is top-notch. I don't see why someone else can't manufacture to Nokia's standards.

adkrish22290

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
What Nokia has done is exactly what these Indian OEMs like Micromax, Karbonn, Xolo etc. do. Take a cheap Chinese/Taiwanese product, just install the OS on it with some modifications and a product is created. The hardware was not developed by Nokia as its hardware business has gone to Microsoft, so that N1 tablet for sure will not have the trademark reliability and quality that the old Nokia was known for. Plus, it runs on Android (yuck).

For sure, I will never buy these new Chinese Nokia devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234