From the Dark Side (Android)

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Long time WP user and evangelist here. I recently swapped to Droid. I didn't do it for the OS. I needed a handset that more fit my lifestyle. I also hate cases.
So I switched to the Kyocera Brigadier and for the most part, I do enjoy it. The apps are just more mature than the same apps on WP. I'm not talking about the # of apps, I'm talking about functionality. The Droid apps like FB, Fitbit, Viber just have more features than the WP versions.

The downside is prob more manuf related. The Kyocera only has BASIC BT functionality. I LOVE how my WP would break in on whatever I was listening to and read me my text messages. Then it would let me voice a reply back. All without taking my hands off the wheel or eyes off the road. The Kyocera lacks this ability and it is the ONE thing that drives me crazy.

I am pleased in all other respects though. I do miss WP and am waiting for the day it will catch up, but I just couldn't wait any more.

Just wanted to share my experience for those thinking about changing.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking about doing the same as well. I go back and forth on what to buy all the time. On one hand, I love windows phone, the interface, etc. But there is the asus phone, and everything I need app/work wise on the android side of life. I can have square so I can take credit card payments, fire up Sirius xm app, use my beloved Montreal Canadian 1909 app, plus every other thing I want to do on the phone. The downsides are the lag associated with android, a very subpar camera, I am not sure about the Bluetooth connectivity on that phone. I can get the 4gb ram, 32gb storage with the 1920x1080 resolution screen for 409 plus 10 bucks for the square attachement.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I am thinking about doing the same as well. I go back and forth on what to buy all the time. On one hand, I love windows phone, the interface, etc. But there is the asus phone, and everything I need app/work wise on the android side of life. I can have square so I can take credit card payments, fire up Sirius xm app, use my beloved Montreal Canadian 1909 app, plus every other thing I want to do on the phone. The downsides are the lag associated with android, a very subpar camera, I am not sure about the Bluetooth connectivity on that phone. I can get the 4gb ram, 32gb storage with the 1920x1080 resolution screen for 409 plus 10 bucks for the square attachement.

Watch out Asus phone really damn hot.

If you have money better get iPhone 5S or so

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
The fact that you need a note from god to buy a one plus from them, and the fact that acer has never let me down is the reason I am looking at the acer.

And if you are looking at nexus to be premium hardware, think again, they are now being made by heuwei (spelling). Not that they are not bad, but far from "premium".

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
The fact that you need a note from god to buy a one plus from them, and the fact that acer has never let me down is the reason I am looking at the acer.

And if you are looking at nexus to be premium hardware, think again, they are now being made by heuwei (spelling). Not that they are not bad, but far from "premium".

And the LG one. I don't like Android, it's just the way i feel, but i've always considered Huawei's devices very nice, as a matter fact, if would ever want to buy an Android phone it would be either Huawei or LG. And they do look premium, Huawei with those very thin phones, and LG with it's Flex line, or is it just me.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
And the LG one. I don't like Android, it's just the way i feel, but i've always considered Huawei's devices very nice, as a matter fact, if would ever want to buy an Android phone it would be either Huawei or LG. And they do look premium, Huawei with those very thin phones, and LG with it's Flex line, or is it just me.

I agree - I always thought of Huawei phones as cheap and plasticky until I held the Mate 7. It felt just like the Nexus 6 (which is super-premium feeling already) except at half the price and with a fingerprint sensor.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site

I havent held one, but their high end phones look pretty darn good. That Mate S is sexy. Reviews say its solid.

Although, their leaked Nexus photos look ugly, IMO.

Posted via the Note 4/Nexus 7 (2013)/Lumia 1020/Lumia 2520

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
After reading about the awesome Huawei phones, I went and looked at their site. and yes, the Mate S looks like a solid phone. None of those around these parts. Only the cheap ones. And I agree, the nexus is horrid.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes