Switch from Lumia

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
hi there

I'm currently considering switching, my Lumia 625H already kick the bucket being unable to recharge. I can always get it fixed but so many thing that changes now

the main reason I choose Lumia. on 2013 when I purchase the 625, Nokia still popular, in my city at least about 6 nokia care center, over than 8 retailer, has it's own showroom ect, not to mention how much ppl that selling 2nd hand devices, accessories (non original, maybe imitation product or something) and people outside nokia care center capable fixed your phone that broke in less than an hours in really cheap prices

but now it's different, when warranty is expired aftersales services no longer as easy as before. and now it seems that microsoft doesn't seems interested on push the lumia growth here but more 2 push their other product

so I made decision to switch, unless microsoft made big move to gain decent marketshare here I don't think I'm coming back, don't get me wrong I love the phone and the OS but it just doesn't work good here in term of aftersales, variant, apps (local one) , accessories

I'm thinking about these devices any though about this?in term of hardware how does these devices compared to the Nokia Lumia625H Quality I don't want a low quality phone but my budget limited to as I'm still a student, devices bellow are that currently sold on one of local retailer in my country that match my current budget

currently I'm thinking getting one of these 3
ASUS Zenfone Go ZB452KG
Asus Zenfone C 4S ZC451CG 8GB 1GB
ASUS ZenFone Go (8GB/1GB RAM) [ZC451TG]

other than those 3 asus phone the phone phone bellow fit my budget and available and the stock is good
Acer Liquid Z520
Acer Liquid Z330 LTE
ACER Liquid Z520 - White
ACER Liquid Z520 (16GB/2GB RAM)
Lenovo A2010
SAMSUNG Galaxy V [HSM-G313VLST]
SAMSUNG Galaxy J1 Mini [J105]

I'm used using Lumia so hardware spec doesn't really bother me but I don't really understand the difference between Intel Atom Z2520 , Qualcomm MSM8625Q Snapdragon 200 and MediaTek MT6580M. the thing is I'm currently seems intrested on asus Zenphone, those 3 phone offer simmilar spec but only the chip difference, any idea about it?

and is there any other think I need 2 know before purchasing my first android phone? thanks

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
hi there

I'm currently considering switching, my Lumia 625H already kick the bucket being unable to recharge. I can always get it fixed but so many thing that changes now

the main reason I choose Lumia. on 2013 when I purchase the 625, Nokia still popular, in my city at least about 6 nokia care center, over than 8 retailer, has it's own showroom ect, not to mention how much ppl that selling 2nd hand devices, accessories (non original, maybe imitation product or something) and people outside nokia care center capable fixed your phone that broke in less than an hours in really cheap prices

but now it's different, when warranty is expired aftersales services no longer as easy as before. and now it seems that microsoft doesn't seems interested on push the lumia growth here but more 2 push their other product

so I made decision to switch, unless microsoft made big move to gain decent marketshare here I don't think I'm coming back, don't get me wrong I love the phone and the OS but it just doesn't work good here in term of aftersales, variant, apps (local one) , accessories

I'm thinking about these devices any though about this?in term of hardware how does these devices compared to the Nokia Lumia625H Quality I don't want a low quality phone but my budget limited to as I'm still a student, devices bellow are that currently sold on one of local retailer in my country that match my current budget

currently I'm thinking getting one of these 3
ASUS Zenfone Go ZB452KG
Asus Zenfone C 4S ZC451CG 8GB 1GB
ASUS ZenFone Go (8GB/1GB RAM) [ZC451TG]

other than those 3 asus phone the phone phone bellow fit my budget and available and the stock is good
Acer Liquid Z520
Acer Liquid Z330 LTE
ACER Liquid Z520 - White
ACER Liquid Z520 (16GB/2GB RAM)
Lenovo A2010
SAMSUNG Galaxy V [HSM-G313VLST]
SAMSUNG Galaxy J1 Mini [J105]

I'm used using Lumia so hardware spec doesn't really bother me but I don't really understand the difference between Intel Atom Z2520 , Qualcomm MSM8625Q Snapdragon 200 and MediaTek MT6580M. the thing is I'm currently seems intrested on asus Zenphone, those 3 phone offer simmilar spec but only the chip difference, any idea about it?

and is there any other think I need 2 know before purchasing my first android phone? thanks

I don't know about others but you might have better luck getting answers on the android central forums rather than on windows cnetral. We can help you better if you were buying your first windows phone but this is the other way around

I would actually recommend you trying out the lumia 640 just so you can stay with windows ecosystem

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I d love to get 640 but it's shame that I can't found it anywhere

all I found is 535,532,435 950

I guess Microsoft are hoping other brand fill the hole just like PC market but they seems not :(

I've post similar post on android central but I'm hoping get 2 point perspective here, I can find droid user just easy but not every droid user what Lumia offer 2 me. like I said my main reason is the quality and I know some cheap phone on droid market which run terrible and made me worrying about get the wrong devices

more over in my country they seems didn't have return policy, just warranty stuff so I can't return the thing I brought simply because I didn't like it

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
even when I go to the other side I'll stick to Microsoft Ecosystem, because it would be extremely inefficient to move my email 2 gmail

and my gmail got hacked before but I never log in my email on public computer so I don't trust google managing my email

I'm concern about contact in WP we just log in and all my contact will be there, android definitely need some setup, any idea?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
even when I go to the other side I'll stick to Microsoft Ecosystem, because it would be extremely inefficient to move my email 2 gmail

and my gmail got hacked before but I never log in my email on public computer so I don't trust google managing my email

I'm concern about contact in WP we just log in and all my contact will be there, android definitely need some setup, any idea?

I guess you log in to your outlook mail on the android phone - or go their people app and select where to import contacts from - though I honestly don't know since I haven;t used android in over 2 years and I rather not

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't use GMail on Android.

AquaMail is a very secure e-mail option for the Android user.

Good luck there whichever way you end up going.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

There's a way you can do this: https://www.thurrott.com/mobile/and...r-the-windows-guy-use-your-microsoft-accounts

Follow that and you will be just fine. Make a Google account with your microsoft email. When setting up, it will ask you to set up that email to recieve email in gmail. Choose to set that up later or "no thanks".

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I guess you log in to your outlook mail on the android phone - or go their people app and select where to import contacts from - though I honestly don't know since I haven;t used android in over 2 years and I rather not

It isn't that much more difficult. You login to your email client of choice (Gmail, stock email, outlook, bluemail, etc) with your outlook account. It will automatically pull your contacts in. My switch required no real thought on the process as far as a I can remember.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss