RSS Central

AdamDawes

Feb 4, 2011
www.adamdawes.com
RSS Central should (I hope!) now be available in the 19 new markets that Microsoft added support for in their update a few days ago:

Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, India, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden and Taiwan.

If you're in one of these countries and decide to give RSS Central a try, please let me know how you get on!

Sainti

Jul 3, 2011
sainti.pl
Isn't it just for developers to submit their apps before Mango will add support for marketplace in new countries?

AdamDawes

Feb 4, 2011
www.adamdawes.com
This is something I'll be looking to investigate further for the Mango update. I think v1.8 (which is currently undergoing certification and is primarily a bug-fix/stability release) will be the last pre-Mango version, but I have lots of ideas in store for Mango...

AdamDawes

Feb 4, 2011
www.adamdawes.com
Just a quick update to let you all know that RSS Central v1.8 is now available to download. This is a bug fix/stability update and resolves a number of problems and issues that have been reported to me over the last couple of months. I'd definitely recommend upgrading your existing versions!

For those of you that haven't tried RSS Central, why not give it a go? The trial mode is completely unrestricted so you can fully use and evaluate the app to see if you like it.

This will probably be the last pre-Mango version of RSS Central. I have lots of ideas for Mango, I'll reveal more details over the coming weeks...

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
btw guys, just another cool feature of this app: All of your feed sources can be backed up with dropbox. What does this mean? I just did a hard reset of my phone and, instead of having to manually type all of my feed sources in the app, I just had to reload them from dropbox, from within the app. It was very easy and painless, probably 3 steps and 20 seconds of time.

AdamDawes

Feb 4, 2011
www.adamdawes.com
Here's a little teaser image for you all:

RSSC_LiveTiles.png

This is still a work in progress and I've a couple of obstacles still to overcome to get this doing what I really want, but I've a feeling you'll all like the next update of RSSC!

AdamDawes

Feb 4, 2011
www.adamdawes.com
Press release:

I am very pleased to be able to announce the release of v2.0 of my popular RSS reader application, RSS Central. This update is for Mango only, and finally implements many of the features that people have been asking for over the last few months.

The update takes full advantage of the new Mango feature set, and includes the following new features:

- fast app resume.
- live tiles -- all of RSS Central's tiles now display live unread article counts when pinned to the start menu.
- background downloads -- RSS Central can now download updated subscription content when it isn't running.
- pinnable tiles -- any subscription (or subscription group) can be pinned to the start menu for instant access (and of course, these are live tiles too!)
- sharing of articles to social networks (Twitter, Facebook, ...)
- subscriptions will be downloaded in compressed format if the server supports it, meaning that they download even faster!

All this is in addition to the existing set of powerful features, including full RSS, Atom and RDF feed support, offline reading, subscription and article search tools, keyword features to help highlight articles of interest, import and export of subscriptions in .OPML format, uploading to InstaPaper and more.

RSS Central v2.0 is available in the Marketplace priced at $1.29. The trial mode is completely unrestricted other than occasional "nag" messages, so please give it a try and see what you think. More details and screenshots can be found at the offician RSS Central site here:

adamdawes.com - RSS Central

I am always working on enhancing and improving RSS Central so please do get in touch if you have any suggestions.

textomatic

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for an RSS reader that can sync with something other than Google Reader. I have yet to find an app that does this. For example it would be awesome if your app could sync with Netvibes. It doesn't have to be netvibes but I need a reader that I can use on both my phone and on my desktop. I want to break away from Google!!!!!!!!!

AdamDawes

Feb 4, 2011
www.adamdawes.com
Hi guys,

Would any of you be interested in helping me translate RSS Central into other languages? I've spent a fairly large amount of time modifying all the code to allow this, and I'm very nearly at the point where I need translators to work their magic.

I've already had offers to translate it into Swedish, Czech and Spanish (Latin American). I've had an offer for German too, but my German translator no longer has a Windows Phone, so if any of you can help there it will make testing much easier.

I'm very interested in any other languages people would be willing to help with. If you would be willing to help, please drop me an email -- you can find my address here:

adamdawes.com - Contact

Many thanks and I look forward to hopefully hearing from some of you!

AdamDawes

Feb 4, 2011
www.adamdawes.com
The latest update to RSS Central, version 2.3, is now available in the Marketplace. The main new feature in this release is one that I have been asked to implement many times over the last year: localisation into other languages.

This version of the app adds support for German, Spanish, Italian and Swedish, with more languages to come. If you would like to help translate RSS Central into your language, please contact me and let me know! Contact details can be found within the app itself, or on my web site at adamdawes.com.

RSS Central is a fast, powerful RSS reader application with a great feature set, including the ability to subscribe to any RSS feeds you wish, to share articles by email, SMS or via social networks, background downloading and live tile support, searching and article keyword highlighting, the ability to read your downloaded articles even if you lose your internet connection, and much much more. RSS Central also just celebrated its first birthday; with over 300 reviews, an average of 4.5 stars and a fully functional trial mode, you should give it a try if you are looking for a high quality RSS reader. The full version costs $1.29 / ?0.99 / ?1.29.

Full details about the app can be found on its page at adamdawes.com - RSS Central and it can be downloaded from the Marketplace here: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=bb5a4c91-3620-e011-854c-00237de2db9e or using the following tag:
wp7_apps_rsscentral_tag.png

AdamDawes

Feb 4, 2011
www.adamdawes.com
RSS Central v2.4 is now available to download.

The new version contains translations into four new languages, as well as a couple of minor bug fixes. The full list of languages is: English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish & Ukrainian. Many thanks to the wonderful team of translators who have helped to make this possible -- I hope you all enjoy their work! More languages are on their way, and if you would like to help translate into your language then please contact me and let me know.

Full details about the app can be found on its page at adamdawes.com - RSS Central and it can be downloaded from the Marketplace here: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=bb5a4c91-3620-e011-854c-00237de2db9e or using the following tag:
wp7_apps_rsscentral_tag.png

AdamDawes

Feb 4, 2011
www.adamdawes.com
RSS Central v2.5 is available now. The most obvious difference in this release is that I've added support for background images behind the page content, which makes the app look a lot more vibrant than the plain black background from before. Here are a couple of images:

wp7_apps_rsscentral_thumb1.png
wp7_apps_rsscentral_thumb2.png

This version also adds a translation into Hungarian (now a total of 10 languages supported), and improves the article browser so that when using the email/share/open in browser/send to Instapaper/etc. functions, it is the currently viewed page that is used rather than the base article page.

RSS Central currently has an average review score of 4.5 / 5 across nearly 400 reviews. A full unrestricted trial is available as always, give it a try and see what you think. Download from the Marketplace here.

AdamDawes

Feb 4, 2011
www.adamdawes.com
Do you have suggestions or ideas for RSS Central?

I receive a lot of suggestions for things that people would like me to add to RSS Central. In order to help keep track of these and to allow people to suggest things more easily, I have set up an RSS Central UserVoice page. You can find it here: rsscentral.uservoice.com.

If you have suggestions or ideas, please post them. Also please vote on the ideas that are already present. I'll use the page to see which ideas are most in demand, and will consider future development of the app based on these ideas.

Please do get involved and let me know what you would like to see next -- thanks!

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you have suggestions or ideas for RSS Central?

I receive a lot of suggestions for things that people would like me to add to RSS Central. In order to help keep track of these and to allow people to suggest things more easily, I have set up an RSS Central UserVoice page. You can find it here: rsscentral.uservoice.com.

If you have suggestions or ideas, please post them. Also please vote on the ideas that are already present. I'll use the page to see which ideas are most in demand, and will consider future development of the app based on these ideas.

Please do get involved and let me know what you would like to see next -- thanks!

Hello Adam...any chance we can get Google Reader integration into the app? The app is great so far!

AdamDawes

Feb 4, 2011
www.adamdawes.com
Hello Adam...any chance we can get Google Reader integration into the app? The app is great so far!
Hi htom,

Glad you like that app!

I'm certainly planning to add support for importing subscriptions from Google Reader into the app. This is one of the ideas suggested on the RSS Central UserVoice site, though it hasn't actually received any votes yet (you could change that!).

Whether I'll add full synchronisation with GR, I'm not sure at the moment -- this isn't an area I've investigated at all. If it can be done without damaging the app for non-Google users, then maybe, but I can't promise at the moment.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans