RSS Central

AdamDawes

Feb 4, 2011
www.adamdawes.com
Thank you so much to everyone who nominated RSS Central in the WP7 Community App Awards. It got through the nominations phase for Best News App -- and has (to my surprise) appeared as one of the entries in the App Of The Year category too.

This of course means that I have another request: please vote for RSS Central!

You can find it in the Best News App category here:
Windows Phone 7 2012 Community App Awards -- Best News App

...and in the App Of The Year category here:
Windows Phone 7 2012 Community App Awards -- App of the Year

Many thanks!

AdamDawes

Feb 4, 2011
www.adamdawes.com
I've had numerous requests over the last couple of months for a Windows 8 version of RSS Central. I just wanted to post a quick message to let you know that I am currently working on it.

There's quite a lot of work to do to the app to make it more suitable for desktop and tablet devices, which look and feel very different to the phone. I'm making good progress though and hope to be able to share some more information soon.

I really want to be able to use it too, so it's very much on my mind at the moment! I'll post more details as soon as I can. For more updates, keep an eye on my web site/rss feed or follow me on Twitter.

AdamDawes

Feb 4, 2011
www.adamdawes.com
Hello RSS Central fans,

I thought you might like to know that the Windows 8 version of RSS Central is very nearly here. The app is finished and submitted to the Windows Store for certification, hopefully it'll get through without any problems and will be available in the next week or so.

In the meantime, I've put the RSS Central product page online on my web site, which includes a number of screenshots to whet your appetites. :) You'll find the page here:

adamdawes.com - RSS Central

I hope you like the pictures and I hope you'll enjoy the app! I'll post here again once it's available to download.

AdamDawes

Feb 4, 2011
www.adamdawes.com
Another quick update to let you know that RSS Central v2.6 for Windows Phone is now available in the Windows Phone Store.

The biggest change for this release is the addition of support for using SkyDrive when importing and exporting your subscriptions, as an alternative to the existing support for DropBox. This has been the most requested feature on the RSS Central UserVoice page so I hope you all like it. :) In addition, there is support for Chinese (simplified and traditional), new encoding support, and various bug fixes and minor enhancements.

I have attempted to fix the problem with the live tiles in WP7.8 by updating to use the new live tile API, but I've already had one report telling me that it's still not working, so this one may unfortunately be out of my control for the time being. Other than that, though, I hope you all like the update.

AdamDawes

Feb 4, 2011
www.adamdawes.com
This week I have released updates to both the Windows Phone and Windows 8 versions of RSS Central.

RSS Central for Windows Phone is now on version 2.9. The main improvement in the latest version is that YouTube videos can now be replaced directly from the article preview, without having to open the article's source web site (previously these just displayed an error message). The update also fixes the subscription search function and resolves a problem with the Dropbox import/export feature.

RSS Central v2.9 for Windows Phone is available now from the Windows Phone Store with a fully-featured free trial mode.
chart

RSS Central Windows 8 reaches v1.1, and adds a number of features that were missing from the original release, including:

• Added support for importing and exporting .OPML files from and to the local file system.
  • Added support for importing and exporting .OPML files via your SkyDrive account.
  • Added a Category filter to the subscriptions list to help find just the subscription you are interested in.
  • Fixed the subscription feed search function.
  • Added next/previous article buttons when in "expanded" or "snapped" modes.
  • Added an internal subscription list backup function to protect against the list being damaged or corrupted.
  • Various minor feed compatibility improvements..
RSS Central for Windows 8 is available now from the Windows Store, and it also comes with a fully-featured free trial mode.

I hope you like the updates!

AdamDawes

Feb 4, 2011
www.adamdawes.com
Hello everyone,

Just a quick post to let you know that RSS Central v2.12 is now available to download from the Windows Phone Store. This one was released in a bit of a hurry as I managed to destroy the encoding for non-ASCII characters on WP7 devices in v2.11, which caused problems for lots of non-English-language articles. I'm pleased to say that these problems are now resolved so if you experienced any trouble with that, make sure you download the update.

New features across versions 2.11 and 2.12 are as follows:

• Fixed small fonts that sometimes appeared in the article previews.
  • Each article preview now displays the title of the previous and next article for easy navigation.
  • Moved the "mark all as read" function from the menu and onto the icon bar for easy access.
  • Author names are now displayed in the article lists when available.
  • Added an "invert" option to the keyword feature to highlight articles that don't match the keyword.
  • Reduced the launch animation time to speed up the app startup.
  • Fixed errors when displaying the article preview that some users were encountering.
  • Fixed Instapaper article submission.
As always the trial is completely unrestricted and the full version is just US$1.29, ?0.99, ?1.29 or the equivalent in your local currency. You can find it in the Windows Phone Store here or download via the following QR code:
chart

Enjoy!

Adam.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes