- 03-14-2013, 03:38 PM #29
Dear yarkiebrown: Of course not! NewsSpot will continue to be developed. It's just that we have to shift some priorities now :)
Plain RSS will definitely be an option, however, our initial focus is on connecting to an online service.
Please also read the statement on our website and the great article on WPCentral.
- 03-14-2013, 04:46 PM #31
For us it was sudden, though not unexpected. Google has been disassembling its reader service for a while now, but somehow you hope the day of shutdown never becomes true.
However, the more we think about it, the more we are looking forward to the new opportunities that will arise now. Google has been the major player here, making it difficult for others to invent and earn money. Plus, it's not like Google put a lot effort into new features.
Now all the backend services (NewsBlur, Feedly, Fever, just to name a few) will get more attention, and that will bring innovation. So actually it's really exiting to be part of that change :)
- 04-17-2013, 03:44 PM #32
It's been already a while that we released an update, so here are the news:
- (WP8 only) Raised limit of number of synced articles to 2.000 for each starred and reading list
- (WP8 only) Added share via QR-code
- YouTube videos are started without using an external app
- Improved sharing via phone services
- Long hold an item in the article list to share it
- Accelerated switching between articles
- (WP8 only) Fixed bug: autosync on start works again
- 07-26-2013, 01:11 PM #34