Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 116
Like Tree16Likes
  1. jalb's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    753 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by apoelin View Post
    Thank for trying the app :)

    Can you please send an email at support@metrotalk-windowsphone.com, with your Google Voice email address and your forwarding address? Also, in case you are using MetroTalk Free, I suggest switching to the trial version of MetroTalk. The two are identical, but the former is stuck at 1.3 (pending approval), whereas the latter is at 1.4.
    Thank you for the fast reply! I started over and got a new id+ number, and it verified instantly. I think I am good to go now. In fact, I just tested with a couple calls, and I am impressed. My biggest problem with your competitor was the lag - I didn't feel like I could use it as a dialer replacement and not be annoyed all the time. Also, people would call me, and report that the phone rang on their side upwards of 7 times before I heard a single ring. Last, the notifications were very spotty. I'm not seeing this with Metrotalk, and I just upgraded to the paid version. Thank you for your efforts.
  2. zekerrific's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #27  
    Push notifications don't seem to be working for me. I also sent an email. It could be user error, although I've checked my settings several times.
  3. zekerrific's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #28  
    Actually never mind, I think I may have found my problem. I'll let you know if it still doesn't work!:blush:
  4. boneycat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    #29  
    Apoelin - I'm giving your app a try as I've never really been happy with govoice. If I like it I'll definitely buy it to support your hard effort in making my window's phone more functional! Thank you!
  5. apoelin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    177 Posts
       #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by boneycat1 View Post
    Apoelin - I'm giving your app a try as I've never really been happy with govoice. If I like it I'll definitely buy it to support your hard effort in making my window's phone more functional! Thank you!
    That's great to hear :) Just an FYI: v2.0 is right around the corner, with an extensive changelog. This includes both new features, and performance improvements. Keep an eye out for it :)
  6. jalb's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    753 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    #31  
    Is there a way to see your text message conversations (and who sent you the text) from within the app?

    Edit: Never mind, I see it now.
    Last edited by jalb; 05-28-2012 at 05:33 PM.
  7. camaroz1985's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    334 Posts
    #32  
    Great app. Been using it for a week or so, and once I fixed my errors the push notifications are working like a charm.
    Thanked by:
  8. boneycat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    #33  
    Had this for a few days and like I said I would, bought it. Thanks for developing a great app!
    Thanked by:
  9. vp710's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    433 Posts
    Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    #34  
    Just wanted to mention I'm testing the 2.4 beta version, and this app is now even more amazing!!! Clearly the best Gvoice client on WP.
    Thanked by:
  10. apoelin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    177 Posts
       #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by vp710 View Post
    Just wanted to mention I'm testing the 2.4 beta version, and this app is now even more amazing!!! Clearly the best Gvoice client on WP.
    Thanks for the support! Honestly, this kind of comments is what gives the motivation for continuing development :)
  11. KoukiFC3S's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,701 Global Posts
    #36  
    Just installed it. Thanks for the great app. I will purchase it next week.
  12. apoelin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    177 Posts
       #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Just installed it. Thanks for the great app. I will purchase it next week.
    An update should be out by next week. You could wait, and see if you are happy with that. Nothing major, but some useful improvements. I think you'll like it :)
    Thanked by:
  13. KoukiFC3S's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,701 Global Posts
    #38  
    Is the update out yet?
  14. apoelin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    177 Posts
       #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Is the update out yet?
    Unfortunately no. The good news is that the update was submitted to Microsoft more than a week ago. The bad news is that whereas the approval process usually takes 5 business days, itís now been held indefinitely, because of a Marketplace bug. You can read more about it here if you like: Microsoft details ongoing Marketplace errors for some Windows Phone users | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

    There isnít much I can do, other than wait until Microsoft sorts this out; this is completely out of my control.

    I apologize for the inconvenience.
    Thanked by:
  15. KoukiFC3S's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,701 Global Posts
    #40  
    The current version is working great, so it's all good. :D

    I added a new phone number to my Google Voice account, but I do not see in under call settings. Is there a way to refresh the available phones in my account?
  16. apoelin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    177 Posts
       #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    I added a new phone number to my Google Voice account, but I do not see in under call settings. Is there a way to refresh the available phones in my account?
    Sorry, I completely missed this. Signing out and then back into your account, should do the trick. Please make sure that the "type" of the phone on Google Voice's website is set to either home or mobile.

    If you continue having problems, feel free to send me an email. You can find the address in the "about" page in settings.
  17. KoukiFC3S's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,701 Global Posts
    #42  
    Thanks. :) Just bought your app.
  18. apoelin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    177 Posts
       #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Thanks. :) Just bought your app.
    Thanks :) I hear that Microsoft has fixed the Marketplace bug, so hopefully you'll have the update, some time next week. Feel free to contact me if there is anything you need!
  19. boneycat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    #44  
    Great app!
    Last edited by boneycat1; 10-16-2012 at 12:58 PM.
  20. apoelin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    177 Posts
       #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by boneycat1 View Post
    Great app!
    Hopefully you got that problem fixed :) Please let me know if you need any help. Thank you also for the kind words :)
  21. mister2d's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    459 Posts
    Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    #46  
    I just tried this out today. Very good app. I'm undecided on which of the two GV apps to use. This or GoVoice.

    Right now GoVoice gets a slight nod because I like its interface approach. On my Nokia 900, it makes the better use out of the Clear Black Display. I just love that along with how it uses large font sizes for the headers of each pivot. Simple, yet powerful looking GUI and it makes it appear very native. This isn't a knock on MetroTalk. What I like about MetroTalk is that it uses my contact pictures from my contacts and inherits my theme colors.
  22. apoelin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    177 Posts
       #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by mister2d View Post
    I just tried this out today. Very good app. I'm undecided on which of the two GV apps to use. This or GoVoice.

    Right now GoVoice gets a slight nod because I like its interface approach. On my Nokia 900, it makes the better use out of the Clear Black Display. I just love that along with how it uses large font sizes for the headers of each pivot. Simple, yet powerful looking GUI and it makes it appear very native. This isn't a knock on MetroTalk. What I like about MetroTalk is that it uses my contact pictures from my contacts and inherits my theme colors.
    MetroTalk dev here. Do you feel that the UI is too busy? I also use the Lumia 900 and love the CBD, but I feel that if the interface is too plain, then that makes the UI more boring. As it is right now, I would guess that it uses enough black, to make CBD shine. If you have any suggestions, I would be more than happy to hear them.

    Also in my personal extremely biased opinion ;), MetroTalk is comfortably ahead of other clients when it comes to performance. You can try that by opening a message thread that is a few dozen messages long (if you have conversations with >100 messages, even better). Also, you may want to check out Quick Reply. That's when you tap on a notification, for opening a new message instantly. It does make a difference on a day-to-day use.
  23. mister2d's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    459 Posts
    Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by apoelin View Post
    MetroTalk dev here. Do you feel that the UI is too busy? I also use the Lumia 900 and love the CBD, but I feel that if the interface is too plain, then that makes the UI more boring. As it is right now, I would guess that it uses enough black, to make CBD shine. If you have any suggestions, I would be more than happy to hear them.

    Also in my personal extremely biased opinion ;), MetroTalk is comfortably ahead of other clients when it comes to performance. You can try that by opening a message thread that is a few dozen messages long (if you have conversations with >100 messages, even better). Also, you may want to check out Quick Reply. That's when you tap on a notification, for opening a new message instantly. It does make a difference on a day-to-day use.
    You forced my hand. Now I'll have to use this since it's free. :lol:
  24. metrotalk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by mister2d View Post
    You forced my hand. Now I'll have to use this since it's free. :lol:
    I'm glad that I could help :D
  25. metrotalk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #50  
    MetroTalk is right now the #1 paid app in its category on Windows Phone! A huge thanks for your support! Top paid social apps | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions