Well, this is a list of the books I read: C# 4.0 - The Complete Reference
- 1000 pages 1st one, I have experiences in other languages, if you do go ahead and get this one. O'Rielly XNA 4.0
- 500 pages I just read the 2D Sections and WP7 Section. Professional Windows Phone 7 Game Development
- 500 pages I read a little, learned how to structure everything. I decided to make my own Game Structure(The Foundation, would be another way to call it).
For Silverlight, I didn't really do much on it, but it's where I started from. I made a Black Jack game, while learning C#. App Hub - silverlight for windows phone
That link is a great tutorial series on the basics of Silverlight. I am sure that there are books about it.
If you are starting to learn C# without any programming experience: Beginning Visual C# 2010, 1st Edition
- Is a great beginner book.
Also, just learning the language is not even 10% of the programming. I recommend getting an Algorithm Book such as: How to Think About Algorithms
- A great book, just starting it, has lots of nice math and such. But Algorithms are for after you know C#.
Also, never give up :D Programming is the future.
I recommend downloading the PDFs, and if you really like the book, just buy it. That's what I do when I finish a good programming book :D