[App]Weather Smiles

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Weather Smiles - Download QR code below

Weather Smiles live tile displays current location and home town current conditions with a smilie that varies based on the weather conditions. App displays 5 day forecast for both current and home town locations.

Features:
- Live tile displays 2 locations in one tile, current and hometown.
- Smilies! Live tile displays a smilie based on current conditions.
- Live tile back tile can display current location 5 day forecast.
- Runs in background and updates current location current conditions as well as hometown current conditions.
- Search for home town by city or zip code.
- App displays 5 day forecast for current and home town locations.

Weather smiles can be configured to display temperatures in Fahrenheit or Celsius.

Any feedback, suggestions or issues, please contact
mmaghrabi@gmail.com

Weather data is provided by World Weather Online @ http://www.worldweatheronline.com/

v1.6.0 - 11/24/2012
- Added new setting to select between 1, 3 and 6 hour interval to update in background task. Trial users interval is 6 hours only. Note if your location has changed, the tile will update ignoring the interval.
- New for Windows Phone 8 the medium tile size is taken advantage of for bigger font and non-scaled up tile. Bigger, bolder and beautiful.
- New for Windows Phone 8, back tile now displays 5 day forecast for BOTH locations thanks to the larger medium tile.
- Small bug fixes, minor app interface aesthetic updates.

v1.5 - 9/26/2012
- Updated App interface with framed border with accent color on locations.
- Can now tap location name to rename it.
- App can now run with location disabled, including background task.
- When location is disabled, an option in search is enabled to set to current location.
- Updated smilie system to consider very hot and cold temperatures.
- Added contact button.
- Minor High/Low temperature visual tweek.

v1.3 - 7/16/2012 - Added Trial. Trial version has no limitations but will have advertisments in app.

v1.2 - 7/3/2012
- Added back tile with 5 day forecast for current location.
- Added setting to enable/disable back tile.
- Live tile update for positioning of current temperatures.

v1.1 - 6/18/2012
- Current Conditions page added.
- Enable/Disable Location settings added.
- Current conditions and forecast bug fixes.

Thanks and Enjoy!

fa1a0d78-0b26-4a44-a08a-7bf9a8558e1a.png

5794545f-5f93-44d4-8892-7fb2a7c61350.png

8cb0d634-c82a-4dc5-bfff-97c4bb356fd6.png

0e4a57f4-1186-4ae2-9dc6-5ed97fb00334.png

78eb7031-c26b-4305-a141-f061e805dc0e.png
80df4432-b3a4-46b4-aeeb-9a984a3dbecd.png
d00750f4-85ac-472a-be38-f0c5af2df2bc.png
fb511ecd-5ea1-40a7-a8fe-f89afff9714f.png

Download
MIWQtv.qrcode

Last edited:

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
New update - New screen shots above

v1.2 - 7/3/2012
- Added back tile with 5 day forecast for current location.
- Added setting to enable/disable back tile.
- Live tile update for positioning of current temperatures.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Currently submitted trial has bug. Working on new version which doesn't disable background task and does not disable changing home town in trial, instead trial will have ads. Will update here once all the certification stuff completes.

New update has been submitted, once certification is complete it will be available. Update adds trial.

v1.3 - 7/14/2012
- Added trial. Trial disables background task to update live tile and will disable changing hometown location after 2 days.

Last edited:

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Currently submitted trial has bug. Working on new version which doesn't disable background task and does not disable changing home town in trial, instead trial will have ads. Will update here once all the certification stuff completes.

New update has been submitted, once certification is complete it will be available. Update adds trial.

v1.3 - 7/14/2012
- Added trial. Trial disables background task to update live tile and will disable changing hometown location after 2 days.
Update is certified and should be available in the market place within the next 24 hours.

v1.3 - 7/16/2012 - Added Trial. Trial version has no limitations but will have advertisments in app.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Weather Smiles is FREE for a limited time!

Latest update.

v1.3.6 - 9/6/2012

- Added option to disable smilie in live tile :(. This enables a larger current conditions icon.

- Fixed rescheduling of background task and crashes that caused background task to stop.

- Minor tweaks.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having an issue with an international region, an update has been submitted to resolve this. Sorry for the troubles, once marketplace certifies and publishes version 1.3.7, it will resolve this.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having an issue with an international region, an update has been submitted to resolve this. Sorry for the troubles, once marketplace certifies and publishes version 1.3.7, it will resolve this.
New update! :) See new screenshots in first post.

v1.5 - 9/26/2012
- Updated App interface with framed border with accent color on locations.
- Can now tap location name to rename it.
- App can now run with location disabled, including background task.
- When location is disabled, an option in search is enabled to set to current location.
- Updated smilie system to consider very hot and cold temperatures.
- Added contact button.
- Minor High/Low temperature visual tweek.

opacityzero

Jan 16, 2005
Visit site
@moc426

I noticed something odd if you can address or correct me if I'm misunderstanding how the app works. I'm using the paid 1.5.3.0 version.

If I didn't allow the app to use current location, the first weather info always results in an error message even if I entered a zip code. When I allowed it to use my location just once in the Hometown screen, it pulled the weather information just fine and works well even after after turning location off since then (I don't like to keep location on). The issue now is that the live tile is displaying both the location retrieved weather for my area and the zip code weather I entered originally - resulting in a tile with the same weather info twice. Anyway to remove one? Note, in the app, only one location is displayed as I removed the zip-code location.

Thanks!

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
If one location only is present on the app, you can click on update tile to reflect that. Or you can wait for it to auto update.

opacityzero

Jan 16, 2005
Visit site
Thanks moc426. I solved it by adding a second location, clicking update tile, and then deleting the second location. But to restate what appears to be a cleat bug: not allowing location services at least once will repeatedly give an error message; and then show duplicate weather info on the live tile once you do.

Nice app, I hope you take my findings with good intentions as I think your app is great. My only suggestion to improve would be to make the temperature and/or icon appear bigger on the live title when only one location is being shown.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Latest update - new screen shots posted above. Updated for windows phone 8 to display both location's forecast on back tile. Front side of tile is also updated for higher resolution. Windows Phone 7 tile will remain the same. Minor update will be pushed out later to fix location name to display zip code if geocode service doesn't provide a city name.

v1.6.0 - 11/24/2012

- Added new setting to select between 1, 3 and 6 hour interval to update in background task. Trial users interval is 6 hours only. Note if your location has changed, the tile will update ignoring the interval.
- New for Windows Phone 8 the medium tile size is taken advantage of for bigger font and non-scaled up tile. Bigger, bolder and beautiful.
- New for Windows Phone 8, back tile now displays 5 day forecast for BOTH locations thanks to the larger medium tile.
- Small bug fixes, minor app interface aesthetic updates.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Weather Smiles v2.0 for Windows Phone 8 is now available in the store.

Download here

Version 2.0 is an update for Windows Phone 8 and adds the following features:
- Wide tile: Weather and forecast for both locations is displayed on one tile!
- Small tile: Tile with minimal information, current temperature and current conditions icon for both locations.
- Lockscreen notification: Current temperature is displayed on lockscreen.
- Support for Windows Phone 8 screen resolutions.
- Quick Resume.

Last edited:

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
New update for windows phone 8

v2.2 - 3/20/2013
- New interface: New clean light theme.
- New live tile options: Ghost tile (shaded tile) and Dual Tile (current conditions and forecast on each side of the tile).
- New settings page accessed via bottom menu.

More information here -> Weather Smiles 2.2 Preview | Moc Apps

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Version 2.3.5

- Dark theme is back. Plus you can now set dark or light theme regardless of system theme setting.
- New tile option to display date/time of last tile update, excluding small tile and ghost tile setting.
- Some aesthetic interface changes.

Version 2.3.5 for WP8 is available now for download. 7.8 version which includes the above and fixes bug which didn't display humidity/wind has been submitted to Microsoft and should be available in a few days.

More information here -> Weather Smiles 2.3 Preview | Moc Apps

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
New update now live, adds wind/humidity and 3 day forecast options instead of 5 day.

v2.4.0 - 6/16/2013
- New live tile setting to show 3 day forecast instead of 5.
- New live tile setting when 3 day enabled, to show humidity and wind on tile.
- Under the hood tweaking.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
v2.5.0 - 9/30/2013 for windows phone 8 plus app price reduction to $1.49

- Updated forecast on tile to show next 3 days excluding today when 3 day is used and observation time is afternoon.
- New large tile flips and displays full data on each side when dual tile is enabled.
- New can now set detailed status on lockscreen to get temperature, location and conditions of current location.
- Aesthetic changes to live tile, and enabled phone status bar.

wswgt.png

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
​Weather Smiles 3.0

Weather Smiles | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

v3.0 - 2/26/2014
- New simple and clean design.
- New template system and two new themes, Azraq (blue) and Pink.
- New weather data including Precipitation, Visibility, Pressure and Cloud Cover.
- New weather forecast conditions and precipitation.
- New map view when searching for location, can pick by tapping on pushpin on map.
- Requesting data only when necessary and utillizing cache when possible to preserve data usage.
- Code clean up, performance improvements and smaller foot print.

View attachment 58594

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Weather Smiles 3.1

- New Simple Tile, simply tap on Simple Tile in settings under the live tile pivot. This is a cleaner, larger font live tile with no other configuration. Of course this live tile is transparent as all Weather Smiles' tiles, so you can use it with your start screen backgrounds.

wp_ss_20140607_0001.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb