CamSpeed is a camera performance benchmark for mobile devices.
It measures time to take pictures and allows you to publish your results to the online charts.
You can also compare your results with other devices or users.
CamSpeed allows you to configure the camera resolution, focus mode and flash mode for the test run.
This application was made to help you make camera performance comparison easier between devices.
Measured variables are
- Focus Time. Time from focus call to successfull focus event.
- Capture Start/Shutter Time. Time from capture call to the moment when the capture sequence has started.
- Capture Image/JPEG Available. Time from capture call to the moment when an image is available.
- Capture Completed. Time from capture call to the moment when the capture sequence is complete.
Focus time depends on many things such as distance to object.
To make as comparable focus time results as possible on different devices, take pictures from the same object and from the same distance on all devices.
Other results are more comparable. Most variability here is caused by the image compression, so taking pictures from same objects with different devices gives the best results.
Available at Windows Phone Store (Search CamSpeed).
(Also available for Android, iOS and for MeeGo)
Oline Scoreboard here.
More about the app here.
- New Windows Phone Runtime Camera API support added (performance can be tested both using old WP7 api and with the new WP8 api)
...Would be nice to get some Windows Phone 8 results online ;)