[GAME] The Path of Kara

Anshar Studios

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
We are happy to announce our new game - "The Path of Kara". It will be available on Windows Phone store on 14.12.2012.

Experience a brand new match-3 puzzle adventure!

Join Kara, a young shaman, on a quest to save her island from imminent danger. Solve puzzles, gather items and use powerful bonuses while exploring the land and meeting mysterious characters.

- Over 70 unique levels
- Various mechanics and bonuses
- Story-driven gameplay
- Arcade and logic challenges
- Demanding boss fights
- Hand drawn graphics

Check out the game trailer:

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Oh my dear God. I've recently found another puzzle game that I liked and now you show me this beauty (I hate these kind of games).
I will for SURE download it :D It looks amazing! I'm looking forward to complete all the levels :). I hope you'll keep the app updates (perhaps add some seasonal theme to it :D?)

Is it going to be free?

Hiiiiiiiii

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, do you set prices manually for other regions? Here (Europe) it costs ~3.25 USD, wondering if it's EU taxes or what.

Some other games are like 7-8 USD, which sucks

Hiiiiiiiii

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Glad there is a TRIAL, would never have bought otherwise (thought it's just another gem match game).

Thanks. My country marketpalce is pretty much dead (in terms of reviews), so even onr or two reviews (have 2 phones), will get your game to the upper spot.

Looking for a DLC :)

Hiiiiiiiii

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Finished the game yesterday and it was fun for some time then got boring (from ~30th level), levels were too easy (all finished in perfect) and some were completed in 20-30 seconds. Minus the spider boss level, I finished first 50 levels at "perfect" during my first try (I failed once the ladder level).

My favorite level: the ladder alignment and last 3-5 levels where you had to be tactical and think ahead (minus ladder construction level, which seemed more like a luck thing that strategy).

My least favorite level: ghost portal closing, it was frustrating at first but I beat it the second time. Also, space/zodiac level was not one of my favorites, mostly because I couldn't see the item patterns due to the same background, similarities between all of them.

---

Overall, 10/10 for the effort, nice game but it should've been harder and more balanced. Loved the town music, reminded me of the Heroes of Might and Magic.

Suggestions for v2:

Make some levels without a timer but hike up the difficulty so people are forced to think.
During boss fights, it would be great if every hit had an impact on the boss sprite with visible damage
Minus the special item levels, there is no point to make all these 15-19 item chains, wish there was some sort of achievements at least or RPG elements so every big chain gives you points that can be used to buy gear (no idea for what).

Next location? Space would be neat but not sure about the execution and level variety. Maybe gear could e used to harden your ship/astronaut during boss fights, like adding armor, weapons, shield, or oxygen balloons, IDK.

Anshar Studios

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your feedback Hiiiiiiiii!

We did not set the price manually, although it is an option for developers. We set the base price which Was 2.49$, an all other prices were calculated automatically by Microsoft.

As for your feedback regarding game balance: we are aware of the issue, the main case is, who is the target? Match three genre is usually a pure casual target, just for the fun of matching (what is the challenge in Bejeweled, Azkend or Puzzle Quest for that matter?) We wanted something more from the genre, so we added puzzle mechanics, which made the game more interesting for logic game enthusiast, but you are right, that from this point of view - the game is too easy. We will see where the next iteration will take us, depending on feedback like yours. Thanks again!

FourSpotProject

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Awesome game! Got me well over the holiday season. Some feedback:

Like Hiiiiiiiii mentioned, adjusting the difficulty would be nice. I managed to get the excellent score with almost every first try, except for the last few levels. My favorite: Level 71, where you have to place the bombs on top to get finished. However, my girlfriend also loves this game, but she got kind of angry when playing the last couple of levels, because she found them being too hard. Maybe add another difficulty level, with more than 6 in a row to be required for the bomb/time bonus, or reduce the time available.

Aside from that, I had a lot of fun. It?s this kind of polished artwork WP8 needs. Wish you a lot of (commercial) success with this and I?m looking forward to what?s next. BTW: Why not contact the editors of WPCentral for some coverage? :wink:

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Bought the game today and glad I did. Many levels with different modes as well. Graphics is amazing and animation is quite brilliant too. The storyline is a plus, all in all 5 stars game for cheap at the moment

Garghas

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Well, since it seems the developer actually reads our feedback here ill tajke some time to post my thoughts.
First of all I think the game is great, I obviously bought it, 99cent of euro is a great price.
First I think you guys should add the option to scale to 720p, I really dislike the black borders on my 8X. Second, I feel that an arcade mode, much similar to "Bejeweled" is a must, even because the story mode ends rather quickly and would be great to compete with other friends for highscores.
Oh, and offcourse achievements would be nice, but I must admit that I don't know if this feature is only for Micrososft or XBox Live games... still, had to ask

I wont ask much more. I gave the game 5 starts, it deserves them, but I did feel that an arcade option should be implemented as soon as possible.
>Thanks for the great game

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion