[APP] Row Up! - Knitting Counter

bdlou

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello all. App number two from me here. It's a knitting counter called Row Up!. This app was written for and dedicated to my wonderful wife Lindy who I love very much. I convinced her to jump over to Windows Phone and wanted to make sure she had a knitting counter similar to what she was used to using on her previous phone. It's already evolved from what it originally was. I'm honestly surprised and humbled by the feedback people have given me already, and I've added several features based on user requests.

a89b6fc3-bf26-41ed-96a5-1ca7ec2c7ad5
a5155ff3-ec9b-4bc6-bd23-9ac75e01b0d6
21b8328f-14bf-45d4-b4bb-e9cb5d7575fb
dbe486b0-845c-4884-819a-94b69a27055d
16c1845c-4194-4ad2-88df-1b04aa8cbbd8
6c6677b2-ff47-4584-a6ed-9d2cd4f75896

Row Up! is a simple row counter designed with the knitter in mind. Create a new project, add repeats if necessary, choose which direction you want the counter to count, then tap the number when you complete a row!

Allows you to work on multiple projects, track which row you are on, and completed repeats when desired.

New in Version 1.0.0.2

- Added a feature to add notes to the counter screen (Enable from Settings)

- Fixed an issue when the app was started in landscape orientation, the contents of the counter screen were shown in portrait size

- Updated pattern repeat setting title to clarify it's use

- Updated app with snazzy new icon

New in Version 1.0.0.1

- Added preliminary pinning support

- Fixed a crash when returning to the counter after waking up phone

- Fixed an issue where Disable Sleep wasn't working

37520954-145b-479f-9adf-3f0401388de7

Download it from the Marketplace!

Thanks!
Louis

LaceySooz

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
What happened to this app? I did an update earlier today, went to try it and it wouldn't run. So I uninstalled it, figuring it was an incomplete update. But when I went to the windows store to reinstall it, the page says it is no longer published. I've never seen that before.

bdlou

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
First of all, I apologize profusely here. I was at work when the update came down, took the update, and had the exact same thing happen, then quickly realized in horror what I'd done.

The new version adds another per project entry for tracking what the last color the Counter was when your project has repeats. I swear that I tested this on upgrades. The code necessary to make the new entry not be null is nowhere to be found in my code. Therefore everyone that took that update will not be able to launch the app. If they uninstall and reinstall, they will have no trouble at all, with the terrible unfortunate tradeoff of losing all of their data. :-(

I am literally coding the fix for this in the background. I unpublished the app immediately in hopes that it would stop pushing the update down to some people.

I will submit the update for certification tonight, but that unfortunately means the app will not be available for at least 5 more days. This is pretty much a worst case scenario.

I learned today that to avoid a situation like this, if a developer submits their app as a beta, they can at least test the real world release on their own device prior to pushing it out to the world. I really wish this was something I knew before 5 days ago...

Again, I'm terribly sorry. I hope you didn't lose a lot of projects, and I'm sorry that the app will not be available for several day...

Louis

bdlou

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
After a painful 4 days of waiting, the app is back in the marketplace, and the update fixes anyone in the broken state.

I'm working on a Windows 8 version, and will be storing the data in the cloud, so that even if I do something stupid like releasing a broken update, your data will be safe.

Ianhosoosiang

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey Bdlou,

If you are in the midst of developing for the Windows 8 store, why not consider the Lotaris in-appCommerce solution to help increase your monetization options on Row Up!

I do not intend to spam, but for more information on Lotaris in-appCommerce, i had posted a tip on the WPCentral Forum previously. Here's the link - http://forums.windowscentral.com/de...your-wp-app-revenues-lotaris-appcommerce.html

Cheers,
Ian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett