- 02-03-2013, 09:24 AM #1
Moon 3D / Moon 3D Free
Moon 3D started a year ago on Windows Phone. It now has more than 160,000 downloads and an average global rating of 4.5 (3000 reviews).
Moon 3D still calculates and displays the current moon phase - this hasn't changed. But it got some new nice features.
What makes Mood 3D different from other moon phase apps in the marketplace is that it uses a 3D model of the moon that lets you even rotate the moon to see the far side of the moon. You may ask: what is it good for? Well, it's just fun and it looks cool.
And another nice feature is the design editor. It lets you change and select the foreground and background images and all the colors and info that you like to be shown. There are some predefined designs to choose from, too (e.g. somean animated winter scene and an animated background).
The freshly updated version (v 2.8) is available now. It comes in a free ad-supported and in a paid version for $2.49.
- Shows the current phase of the moon
- Calculates the rise and set times of the moon and sun for a given day
- In the calendar view you can see at a glance when there is a Full Moon or a New Moon this month
- Explore Mode: you can rotate the moon, zoom-in to explore its surface
- Built-in compass function, that shows you the current position of the moon
- Apogee / perigee of the moon
Supported languages: Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
Moon 3D Free
Last edited by Alex_JS; 07-26-2013 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Version 2.8
- 02-03-2013, 12:58 PM #3
nice to hear. I sometimes think I got blind about what the users really want.
What do you think: are there features in Moon 3D that could/should be omitted or other features that are missing?
- 02-03-2013, 01:26 PM #4
Actually, the app is very feature rich and nothing should be taken out. However, one important feature you may want to consider would be the addition of tidal information. That would be very useful for fishermen and others that need to know when the next high and low tides will be. I only mention this because the tides are linked to the phases of the moon.
Once again though, it's a great app and well worth the asking price.
- By NigmaLab in forum App SpotlightReplies: 2Last Post: 10-15-2012, 09:48 AM
- By Alex_JS in forum App SpotlightReplies: 4Last Post: 09-27-2012, 03:12 AM
- By Simon Darkside Jackson in forum App SpotlightReplies: 0Last Post: 07-09-2012, 05:22 AM
- By Gripwire in forum App SpotlightReplies: 10Last Post: 10-31-2011, 07:31 PM