BroomBots 3D - A fun spin on Hockey

SyntaxUnknown

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
My latest game, BoomBots 3D has made it into the store:

BlogScreen_zps233771dc.jpg

It's a new take on hockey where you play a 1 on 1 match as a robotic janitor in several game modes:

• Survival: Score as many points as you can before the computer scores a goal.
  • Timed: Play a 3 minute match where the winner is crowned at the end.
  • Points: Be the first to score 5 goals in the quickest time.

The more you play, the more features you can unlock including 2 vs 2 matches, goalies, afterburners, rockets and more!

I'd appreciate it if you guys gave it a shot and let me know what you think. I'm looking for any sort of feedback! :smile:

The game is free and can be found here: BroomBots3D | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

wharfratg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif

I'll give it a try!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
After playing for a bit, I don't know if my issue is the game or just the way I play games with thumbsticks that makes this a pain for me to play. There seems to be VERY little hope of properly controlling your guy, and the AI seems equally incompetent when it comes to actually maneuvering around the ice. The game feels like it's more about staying barely in-control until someone accidentally scores on himself.

I recommend maybe slowing the players down, because there's just no real skill involved, it just feels like you have to HOPE the puck goes into the opponent's goal at some point. That, and the player really doesn't control the puck well at all, there's just no actually keeping yourself in-control of the puck while moving.

SyntaxUnknown

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback Keith!

As you play and unlock game elements, you do get more options for attacking and controlling the ball. I actually modeled this after a goofy Flash game that I used to play where sliding around the deck giving the ball a push when you can was part of the fun. I didn't want to really make a hockey simulator or anything like that, more of a combination of a hockey/air hockey type mix...something different, you know?

SyntaxUnknown

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys! My update made it through certification yesterday and it includes a really cool new arena called "The Parking Lot":

ParkingLot.jpgScreenShot10.jpg

It's a bit different from the current Hockey Rink arena where the bots here won't slip around as much, so you get two entirely different play styles in one game!

I'm also looking for Beta testers and ideas for future updates, so please drop me a line if you're interested or have any new features you'd like to see in the game.

The game is free and can be found here: BroomBots3D | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Installing it again. I didn't care for the game the first time, but I think the Parking Lot sounds like a great way to help get a bit of control with the character, because I thought the sliding made it a bit of a pain.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos