Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

My first app is now available on the store for Windows Phone 8 and the Windows Phone 7 version is pending approval.

Here's the link: Pretty Clock | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I did follow a tutorial so you might have seen it before but I had to do a lot of things on my own and change several things to make it function properly under all circumstances. Please let me know what you think
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Does it stay on at night like bb bedside mode?

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Its pretty cool, I think it would look even better with a live tile. Like the double wide tile especially would be cool looking.
    --
    "A guilty conscience needs to confess. A work of art is a confession."
    Albert Camus

Does it stay on at night like bb bedside mode?
    Yeah the screen stays on :) it doesn't time out like other apps. The battery will last about 13 hours with the app open which is just due to the screen using battery so you'd ideally be using it while charging your phone overnight

Quote Originally Posted by Kredrian View Post
    Its pretty cool, I think it would look even better with a live tile. Like the double wide tile especially would be cool looking.
    Do you mean a live tile that shows the time? If you do then unfortunately that's not possible as the tile can only be updated every 30mins due to restrictions, therefore the app would only show the correct time once every 30mins :(
    david90531 likes this.

Really nice app! Great work!!!!!!!!

I will send an request to the dev from NFC Launchit to add your app in his Popular Apps list....if you don't mind? ;-)
    Thanked by:
    luk3ja 

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    great app. live tile would have been great too. nice work.
    Thanked by:
    luk3ja 

looks good well done!
    Thanked by:
    luk3ja 

Quote Originally Posted by TruPlaya187 View Post
    Really nice app! Great work!!!!!!!!

I will send an request to the dev from NFC Launchit to add your app in his Popular Apps list....if you don't mind? ;-)
    Sure :) feel free!

Quote Originally Posted by eddy4823 View Post
    great app. live tile would have been great too. nice work.
    I would love to have a live tile but unfortunately a live tile is not possible as they can only update every 30minutes not every second or minute like a clock needs to.

If you like the app I would really appreciate it if you would rate/review it on the store :)

I've had a look around and all I find is things like this...

c# - How to run a Digital clock on windows phone 8 Tile?(Description inside) - Stack Overflow

running a server is the only way and is very inefficient and unreliable and would cost a lot of money also and would drain your battery very quickly. Phone manufacturers can do this as they are allowed to access the phones time constantly, probably via being able to keep the app open in the background.

Well done, reminds me of Metrotime which I also use but if you can add more styles options and perhaps some new features to next update it would be amazing. Good work!

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Looks cool.. Liked it. Is it possible to have this displayed on the lock screen?

Cheers!!

Quote Originally Posted by shahidw View Post
    Looks cool.. Liked it. Is it possible to have this displayed on the lock screen?

Cheers!!
    Unfortunately not, the lock screen works just like a live tile and can only be updated every half an hour or by a push notification and a push notification every minute would kill your battery

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    Lovely. Seems to have a problem with the seconds timer though. I'm looking at it slow down and speed up. Hope this is fixed in an update :) Will still rate 5 stars though :)

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Neat little program. Any chance of creating an analog clock?

HTC 8X has a live tile (HTC app) that displays live time. I'm quite sure that updates every minute so a live tile must be possible, no?

Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    Lovely. Seems to have a problem with the seconds timer though. I'm looking at it slow down and speed up. Hope this is fixed in an update :) Will still rate 5 stars though :)
    ill have a look into it :) what device are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by BHFH View Post
    Neat little program. Any chance of creating an analog clock?
    I'll see what I can do :)

Quote Originally Posted by aaa6112 View Post
    HTC 8X has a live tile (HTC app) that displays live time. I'm quite sure that updates every minute so a live tile must be possible, no?
    that is HTCs app though. As the phones manufacturer they can do whatever they like, they have privileges that developers don't. So phone manufacturers can create a clock live tile but developers can't due to restrictions :(

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luk3ja View Post
    I'll see what I can do :)
    have a HTC 8X running portico, I realized that it slows down every 4 seconds.

Suggestions: 12 hour clock option, please?
    Also, can you maybe tilt the whole clock to the left alternate days? I'm afraid that there'll be a burn in due to it it showing the same thing for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by jiayit View Post

Also, can you maybe tilt the whole clock to the left alternate days? I'm afraid that there'll be a burn in due to it it showing the same thing for hours.
    I can see about adding the ability for the screen to rotate based on orientation but LCDs are almost impossible to get screen burn. Think of a Mac fo example, the dock is static at the bottom of the screen all day every day and it never burns into the screen. Screen burn is usually associated to phosphor based television displays like tubes, CRT rear projection, and plasma displays.

Quote Originally Posted by jiayit View Post

I can see about adding the ability for the screen to rotate based on orientation but LCDs are almost impossible to get screen burn. Think of a Mac fo example, the dock is static at the bottom of the screen all day every day and it never burns into the screen. Screen burn is usually associated to phosphor based television displays like tubes, CRT rear projection, and plasma displays. And a 12 hour clock option may be a possibility but it does the time based on the users region settings

wp_ss_20130213_0003.png wp_ss_20130213_0001.png

Excited :D my app is in new+rising section of the store, a little way down but it's still in there! Thanks everyone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast