Beam links/youtube videos to any device from your Windows Phone

abhinav89

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
##FREE VERSION NOW AVAILABLE. LOOK BELOW FOR LINKS
Free Version:
nokia-lumia-920-10.jpg

Check out the new app BeamLink. It allows you to beam links(youtube videos, blog posts, pdfs, ebooks etc.) from your Windows Phone to any device with a browser. That's right, IPADS, ANDROID TABLETS, WINDOWS TABLETS/DESKTOPS/NOTEBOOKS, SmartTvs, PS3, XBOX360, Mobile Phone and just about any device with a browser. The best part is that Absolutely no set up required. Just point your target device's browser to 'beamlink.in'.
Link to the store:
nokia-lumia-920-15.jpg

Description from the Store:

THE COOLEST AND QUICKEST WAY TO BEAM LINKS TO YOUR OTHER DEVICES

Are you always watching videos and reading webpages/blogs etc. on your Windows Mobile?
Do you often wish that you could read/watch your links on devices with bigger screens like tablets/desktops/laptops or smart TVs?
But, you don't want to go through the effort of finding that specific webpage/video again?
Well, BeamLink to the rescue!!
All you have to do is open 'BEAMLINK.IN' on a browser and you can 'send' all kinds of links including videos from youtube etc. to it.
NO SETUP REQUIRED! NO ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE REQUIRED!
All you have to do is download the app to your Windows Phone.
Steps:
1) Copy the link you want to beam from your Windows Phone.
2) Open the BeamLink app and use the paste option.
3) Open beamlink.in on the target device's browser and scan the code.
4) Voila!
Note: You can even type a URL to beam. A history of shared URL's is maintained for easy resharing.
View App Website

Last edited:

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Concept is cool. Just like photobeam but with links.

Does it convert the links to the desktop version? Example, if I'm on youtube on my phone it will be m.youtube.com. When I beam, will it convert to the desktop version of the link?

Same question applies for other mobile webpages.

I have to ask because there is no trial.

abhinav89

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
For the first version it converts for only YouTube. As in if you open it on the desktop it shows the desktop version and for something like an iPad, it opens up the YouTube app if it is installed, otherwise you can play it in the browser itself. For other sites I will be adding it only based on demand. Btw an android version is almost ready and it will work using the share page or share option in the browser and other apps(no copy paste required)

Ragz693

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Wow this is really cool, solves the issue I had been having of finding the video when I want to see it on my ipad :) pls release a free or demo version, so that many people try it before they can buy...

Mp1k

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Gr8 idea .. love the concept .. its so much more easier to send across the links now , without copying n pasting them .. makes so much sense !!
Gr8 stuff ... Would love to download this for Android .....

iPhoneLuv

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Thank god I don't have to google it again on my ipad !!! simply beam into the link directly without having to type a word !!!!
Awesome stuff !!!!

4phone

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Cool idea .. I 've seen photo beam before .. but this takes it to the next level .. easier to transfer what I am viewing in my mobile to my ipad....

abhinav89

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Cool concept, but it looks like it takes just as long and has as many steps, of not more, as copying and pasting the link, or just typing it in myself. If you could do with without opening another app and also having to go to a separate website on your pc, etc. it might be convenient, but until then I cannot see how this is faster or easier.

abhinav89

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Cool concept, but it looks like it takes just as long and has as many steps, of not more, as copying and pasting the link, or just typing it in myself. If you could do with without opening another app and also having to go to a separate website on your pc, etc. it might be convenient, but until then I cannot see how this is faster or easier.

Let me answer the points you have raised separately
A) about doing it without opening the app: windows phone browser does have the 'Share' option in the menu, but only social networks are allowed, third party developers are not allowed to list their app as an option. The android version of the app makes use of this feature, which means that in android you don't need to open the app.
B) Not visiting a separate website on the target device: I could have made a client for the pc that runs in the background and receives all the links automatically, but the problem with that is that 1) a client needs to be downloaded(wanted to make this so that no additional setup is required). 2) it will restrict it to pc. Rite now, you can beam links to any device with a browser, macs , pcs, tablets, smart Tvs, other mobiles etc etc. and no set up required.

If you have an android phone you can search for beamlink and see how cool the share page or share feature Is. It works from any app like YouTube, the verge, CNN etc etc.

abhinav89

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I have migrated to a better server to handle the increased users. QR CODE ERROR will occur for a few hours. I'm working on getting it up and running. Sorry for the delay.

**** NOW WORKING *******

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes