BeamLink now has a FREE VERSION

abhinav89

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Beam links/youtube videos to any device from your windows phone.

NOW WITH A FREE VERSION

Check out the new app BeamLink. It allows you to beam links(youtube videos, blog posts, pdfs, ebooks etc.) from your Windows Phone to any device with a browser. That's right, IPADS, ANDROID TABLETS, WINDOWS TABLETS/DESKTOPS/NOTEBOOKS, SmartTvs, PS3, XBOX360, Mobile Phone and just about any device with a browser. The best part is that Absolutely no set up required. Just point your target device's browser to 'beamlink.in'.

nokia-lumia-920-10.jpg

Description from the Store:

THE COOLEST AND QUICKEST WAY TO BEAM LINKS TO YOUR OTHER DEVICES

Are you always watching videos and reading webpages/blogs etc. on your Windows Mobile?
Do you often wish that you could read/watch your links on devices with bigger screens like tablets/desktops/laptops or smart TVs?
But, you don't want to go through the effort of finding that specific webpage/video again?
Well, BeamLink to the rescue!!
All you have to do is open 'BEAMLINK.IN' on a browser and you can 'send' all kinds of links including videos from youtube etc. to it.
NO SETUP REQUIRED! NO ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE REQUIRED!
All you have to do is download the app to your Windows Phone.
Steps:
1) Copy the link you want to beam from your Windows Phone.
2) Open the BeamLink app and use the paste option.
3) Open beamlink.in on the target device's browser and scan the code.
4) Voila!
Note: You can even type a URL to beam. A history of shared URL's is maintained for easy resharing.
View App Website

create-qr-code

Last edited:

abhinav89

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Whats the difference between sending url by email and this one?

lets say you are watching a video on YouTube...or maybe reading a nice article.. If you have to view it on another device.. You can either send an email to yourself , then sign in to your email and then view it. This can be a problem if you want to view it on your tv or a public pc or a friends pc .
The next option is to share it on like fb or somethin.. Again these will involve logging in and stuff.. Note typing in an Xbox browser or a ps3 browser is not a pleasant experience.
With this app you just have to goto beamlink.in from any device.. No log in .. No set up nothin.. Copy and paste the link in the app, the scanner pops up, scan the code on beamlink.in and the link is shared instantly.. If you share a YouTube video then the format is automatically converted.. As in from the mobile link to a desktop link. So if you share it to an iPad or an android device.. The default YouTube app instantly opens up. Try using it.

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
thats an quite awesome app thank u love it already.

Ray Adams@ yeah the one u used on your windows phone browser... then go on ur pc to: BeamLink: Beam links to everything!... after u have pasted that link on ur beamlink app (phone) then it shows an qr code on ur pc and u scan it like photobeamer and voila there it is ur link from ur windows phone on ur pc browser

sorry bad english

abhinav89

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
thats an quite awesome app thank u love it already.

Ray Adams@ yeah the one u used on your windows phone browser... then go on ur pc to: BeamLink: Beam links to everything!... after u have pasted that link on ur beamlink app (phone) then it shows an qr code on ur pc and u scan it like photobeamer and voila there it is ur link from ur windows phone on ur pc browser

sorry bad english

Thank you. And update will be available in 24hrs, youtube changed a few of their mobile links format, fixed it for both the paid and the free version. Sorry the update took so long.. Microsoft takes around 5 days to approve the updates!

abhinav89

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, I use OneNote for this quite often, to and from my PC, WP & Android tablet.

Try using the app and see if it is indeed easier. cause I think it will be easier than onenote... u can send it to your smart tv or to an xbox360 browser or to any other gaming console browser. What about if you want to beam it to a pc/mobile device which does not belong to you.. which does not have one note set up... or mayb u don't want to log in with your password.. try using it once

abhinav89

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Tested free version. A little buggy and good help will be very useful! Sometimes its hard to understand what you should do. :)

Thank you and I'm sorry to hear that. Can you tell me what you couldn't understand. Was it the description in the store or the help tab in the app. And what is buggy? Is it the YouTube links? Cause I have issued that update should be live in a few hours. You can email me directly from the app for any suggestions, bugs, etc

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok.

First. When you run app and read how to use it, sometimes its hard to understand what exactly you should do. At this moment I am talking as user not developer (I am developing software for WP too). Users of smartphones hate to think a lot about how to use app. They need clear and simply instruction. So you should better consider about it.

And two times it crashed when I pasted link from IE to it. Cant remember what is was.

Overall idea is good and you even can add webbrowser into it and beam links directly from it.

abhinav89

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok.

First. When you run app and read how to use it, sometimes its hard to understand what exactly you should do. At this moment I am talking as user not developer (I am developing software for WP too). Users of smartphones hate to think a lot about how to use app. They need clear and simply instruction. So you should better consider about it.

And two times it crashed when I pasted link from IE to it. Cant remember what is was.

Overall idea is good and you even can add webbrowser into it and beam links directly from it.

Yeah mayb ill update the help section. crashed as in as soon as you pasted the link? I mean any other info will be really helpful. for the links already beamed it lets you look at a preview of the page in the app itself before re sending it. About a full fledged webbrowser in the app I think its a great idea but I don't wanna bite more than I can chew

abhinav89

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
UPDATED to v 1.0.0.2
# Fixed a bug which may cause an exception if the camera was focused after beaming a URL
# Added AdDuplex support
# Ability to goto the review page from the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos