[Contest] Win the full version of Vector Beat !

Roland Tomczak

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone !

In order to promote our new game, Vector Beat, an exclusive music game for Windows Phone, we?re setting up a little contest, with 3 licences for the full version as rewards !

For more info about Vector Beat, visit its page in the store : Vector Beat | Store Applications+Jeux Windows Phone (France)

As I don?t know any ? official ? way to offer the game, the winners will be registered as ?beta testers?, of a ?full version? being accessible to a selected users. Thus, the winners will have to provide their Live ID (don't worry, we won't give it to anyone). And, if they want to, they will be granted access to the Beta test community page, to test in exclusivity the upcoming evolutions of the game.

To contest, simply let a post as a reply, before 02/26, at 7h30 PM (Edit : GMT + 1 ). I?ll proceed to the draw, and announce the result here. I?ll register the Live IDs, and the winners will be able to play a few hours later.

Good luck ! 

Last edited:

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Entering this. Like the game, though think it would be a great one if you added the ability to use your own music, like with the games Audiosurf and Beat Hazard.

Roland Tomczak

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Good Idea Keith & Zeroplanetz. It's definitely planned to study how we could do this in the future. The problem is : How to use randomly generated content whilst maintaining a good gameplay ? We've choosen to use predefined music to tune the concept and the gameplay... and, event it's good, it's still not perfect, there's still progress to be done :)

Last edited:

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Good Idea Keith & Zeroplanetz. It's definitely planned to study how we could do this in the future. The problem is : How to use randomly generated content whilst maintaining a good gameplay ? We've choosen to use predefined music to tune the concept and the gameplay... and, event it's good, it's still not perfect, there's still progress to be done :)

Not sure if it's feasible, but you could try to get ahold of the developers of the games I mentioned, show them your game, then maybe ask them how they incorporated user-chosen music into the game.

Roland Tomczak

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Or design game play around certain genres that we pick? And or maybe for it to recognize the songs tempo somehow?

The tempo is one thing, but sadly not the lone.. For example, in Vector Beat, you often have to play with both hands (they're 2, or even 3 cores onscreen). Not only is each core associated with a track / a drum part, but the moving / rotation of the cores are thought to "reflect", in a way, the structure of the song. I guess that it's the same in guitar hero.. A level is smithed for one song. It's quite hard to determine all this from an analysis of the music spectrum.

I remember of a PS2 dancing game, claiming that it was able to generate the levels from your CD.. In fact, it was always the same 10 patterns that were randomly performed.. the rythm was quite respected, but as the paces weren't respecting the music "theme", it was not convincing at all ! :(

I Wonder if releasing the level editor, with the ability to export / import levels from skydrive wouldn't be more adapted. But it's not for now :)

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The tempo is one thing, but sadly not the lone.. For example, in Vector Beat, you often have to play with both hands (they're 2, or even 3 cores onscreen). Not only is each core associated with a track / a drum part, but the moving / rotation of the cores are thought to "reflect", in a way, the structure of the song. I guess that it's the same in guitar hero.. A level is smithed for one song. It's quite hard to determine all this from an analysis of the music spectrum.

I remember of a PS2 dancing game, claiming that it was able to generate the levels from your CD.. In fact, it was always the same 10 patterns that were randomly performed.. the rythm was quite respected, but as the paces weren't respecting the music "theme", it was not convincing at all ! :(

I Wonder if releasing the level editor, with the ability to export / import levels from skydrive wouldn't be more adapted. But it's not for now :)
yes interesting. If I can come up with an idea I'll definitely pass it your way. Also thanks for taking time to listen and reply.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

On PS2, at least the older models, you were actually supposed to be able to add your own songs to Guitar Hero by modding the console. In newer Rock Band titles, they also had user-submitted tracks of ACTUAL songs. Maybe a little research into those would help?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo