Blocky Blaine: Out West

Bob Hoil

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am hoping to get some feedback on my recently released game called "Blocky Blaine: Out West". It is a simple puzzle game where you attempt to get the main character to the pedestal by destroying the blocks beneath him.

Any bug reports, thoughts, feature suggestions are welcome! This is my first game release on WP8 so I hope to improve the game over time.

Download Blocky Blaine: Out West

NEW VERSION OUT! 2.0.0.0
  • New Graphics
  • No Longer HTML5(Huge Performance Boost)
  • Five New Levels
Let me know what you think, and what could be improved.

Last edited:

Bob Hoil

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for checking it out! Let me know what you think of the game. I hope to do some improvements based off of feedback.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend improving the reaction time of the game. It seemed slow to allow me to remove things consecutively, though I do not know if that is an intentional strategy to increase the difficulty or not. I also recommend difficulty level selection, just because it is a bit annoying to trudge to super-simple levels to find a challenge. I art is low-end, but not a big deal, especially for an entry-level release.

Bob Hoil

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend improving the reaction time of the game. It seemed slow to allow me to remove things consecutively, though I do not know if that is an intentional strategy to increase the difficulty or not. I also recommend difficulty level selection, just because it is a bit annoying to trudge to super-simple levels to find a challenge. I art is low-end, but not a big deal, especially for an entry-level release.
Thanks first for playing the game. I will work on the reaction time a little and see if I can get the touch area a little better also for the next update. I made sure all the levels were able to be completed before I released the game and did lots of testing on that front.

I can also work on polishing the graphics, I am the only one working on the game so I have to split my time accordingly. Next update will include graphical updates though, I have already started on a few.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have an issue clearing the level, but it would take a few tries because I would tap faster than the game would care to accept. That, or maybe my aim was off, since it's in a pretty confined space (a phone screen). Maybe making the objects a bit bigger to better the touch area would help.

Bob Hoil

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have an issue clearing the level, but it would take a few tries because I would tap faster than the game would care to accept. That, or maybe my aim was off, since it's in a pretty confined space (a phone screen). Maybe making the objects a bit bigger to better the touch area would help.

I did some testing and I think I just need to improve the size of the blocks. I have already started work on redoing all the block graphics and increasing their size by about 25% which seems to help.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that'd be cool. I offered already for one other person on here, but if you need, I'd gladly beta test the game for you. I guess message me if you want me to, and I'll send you my e-mail.

Bob Hoil

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I may consider that once I get some more enhancements done. What type of phone do you have?

The new graphics are almost done for the game. But I am having to rework some levels due to the new block sizes so will take a little longer then expected for the update to be submitted for certification.

Bob Hoil

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
New version is finally out! Adds five more levels, new graphics, no longer HTML5 for better performance.

Would be great if you could download and rate!

Bob Hoil

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Okay great, let me know what you think of the improvements.

I am already working on the next version which will add in a level selection screen. May add in a few other features before I release it also.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I meant to leave some feedback, but the thread got pushed down and it slipped my mind. It definitely plays a lot better now, as I am not missing taps all the time. Since I beat it in one sitting, I'd say more levels will be needed pretty soon. Oh, and when you beat it, the game should behave like the title Doors where you have an end screen. Right now, it just loops back to the beginning.

I'll update my rating here in a bit, but I think that the game got a lot better after the improvements. It just needs a bit more longevity, and some added difficulty. You could either make levels harder, or you could add different difficulties. Maybe if you have I on "Hard," there is a short delay on being able to remove things, because I can currently start tapping and removing a whole bunch of objects while the character is still in mid-air, so it's pretty easy to bet it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon