- 03-22-2013, 08:23 AM #1
I am pleased to announce Collector, a news reading app that we released last night for Windows Phone 7 and 8.
Our main goal was to have something that worked like Flipboard for iOS/Android, and I can say that we probably did it.
All our team we'll be happy to read your feedbacks, so please take a look at it and let us know your thoughts!
You can download the app by visiting this link on your device collectorwp.com or just browse the marketplace. ;)
“Collector is simply the best news reader on the market.”
Browse through and choose from a selection of hundreds of feeds, or better still add your own RSS feed!
We care about quality.That is why we made it our life’s mission to bring you pixel perfect craftmanship the app, making your reading experience the best it can possibly be!
Collector works on ANY Windows Phone device out there, and does what the other readers cant and dont; it works offline as well !
You can also connect to Twitter in order to create your very own personalised news feeds from any of your Twitter followers. Prefer Tumblr, well that ‘s supported too.
Thanks to Collector Content Scraping, you can automatically see any link or attached picture, much like an Instagram photo or an article from a website.
- Browse between a hundred of selected news websites or magazines.
- Add your own RSS feeds.
- Read articles offline, or read them while it’s syncing.
- Integrated Readability© content reading.
- Share directly to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn !
- Create news feeds using other sources, like a Twitter user or even a Tumblr blog
- Live tiles supports every Windows Phone version (7.8 too!)
- RSS Feed search engine
- Background agent to update live tiles
- Italian localization
- Number of articles to check
- Improved article content (spaces and typography)
- Share articles via email
- Brand new pin-icons, hand-made designed for each category
- Few UI/UX improvements
- Bugfix for some crashes reported by few users
- New redesigned home screen
- Facebook integration
- Share via email
- Tens of improvements and fixes
- Better quality for the articles images
UPDATE 1.4 and 1.4.1:
- Instagram integration
- Bugfix for random crashes at startup
- Automatic download of outdated collections
- Improved download speed for the collections
- Little graphical improvements
- Bugfix for random crashes at startup
- Import feeds from Google Reader
- Unread/read articles
- Fix for low-quality images in some feeds
- Little improvements
- New re-designed "Read article page"
- Article detail page removed
- Few little fixes and general stability improvements
- New signup/login feature
- Background cloud-sync of collections and preferences (if you're logged in)
- 32bit color depth support for Windows Phone 7.x devices
- Improved stability while loading some feeds
- New Light/Dark reading theme
- Improved stability while reading the articles
- Infinite scrolling changed to pages (memory friendly)
- Pin icons and some new welcome screens
- Little improvements around the app
- Pocket (Read it later) integration
- General stability improvements
- Added an option to skip the welcome screen
- New collections update engine
- Improved readability on articles
Download Collector for Windows Phone
Like us on Facebook! facebook.com/collectorwp
Last edited by Nicholas Valbusa; 07-15-2013 at 05:16 AM. Reason: 1.6.3
- 03-23-2013, 08:37 AM #4
Needs better formatting on some sites when using the built in viewer e.g. the BET articles look poor, and the ability to detect a feed from a website name. Ana Windows 8 version that syncs with the WP version.I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
- 03-23-2013, 09:12 AM #5
Great start, haven't played around with it too much yet but looks very professional. It would be nice to have the scrolling between articles a little more defined so I don't have to stop the scroll. Something like the flip in flipboard or the way it auto stops on each article in AppFlow. That is just my personal preference though, others may not agree. For twitter it would be really useful to be able to pin hashtags as well as users. Finally, it would be nice to be able to select smaller text. One I use it a bit more I am sure I will have some more thoughts :D Good stuff though, I look forward to seeing how this develops, off to purchase now...Yellow Lumia 920
- 03-23-2013, 09:56 AM #8
From just glancing at the screenshots, I didn't think I would like it that much. But I was pleasantly surprised. It ran pretty smoothly, which I didn't expect, and the UI grew on me. Not a fan of the theme-colored bar along the top, and it would be nice if there was an option to hide the bottom menu ( prefer a more minimalist look, or something like the USAtoday app/tile ), but other than that, its great. Buying it, give it a run instead of weave for a while.
Oh, and it seems that it is rotation locked, which is freaking awesome.
- 03-23-2013, 10:22 AM #10
thanks for all your feedbacks, we are very happy to read your thoughts.
There are a lot of planned features to be implemented, such as read/unread/starred articles, support for old articles and a lot of other nice things.
You can stay updated with our development following us on Twitter here https://twitter.com/collectorwp or just looking at the "about & news" page of the app (it's on the bottom bar in the main screen).
We'll do our best to satisfy all our users, promised. :-)
A little update has already been sent to Microsoft, and we expect to release a bunch of features before the end of March.
- 03-23-2013, 02:13 PM #13
Most articles render pixelated images. Some how Weave has solved that in their versions.Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.
Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
03-23-2013, 06:44 PM #16
- 3,287 Posts
Awesome dude. I like Flipboard but I don't even care for it being an "alternative". Just be good at what it supposed to do and I'll forget about Flipboard. So far, it looks real good Nic. Smooth as glass. Still putting it through its paces but its real nice man. Thanks.
03-23-2013, 10:10 PM #17
- 666 Posts
Just tried and probably as close to Flipboard as I have seen aesthetics wise on WP. Great job so far.
Just one question. I noticed some of the pics came through very grainy. I don't know if its on my end and I just have a bad connection or maybe I have to buy the app?
But otherwise, I'm on my way to buy and looking forward to future updates
Edit: You answered this question up above 😊
- 03-23-2013, 11:18 PM #20
NICE! However, would like support for 8x resolutions and Hd graphics.ATMOSPHERE WEATHER
Atmosphere is an advanced weather app with a beautiful and user friendly interface. It uses advanced graphs and typography to make the forecast readable and detailed, yet beautiful to look at and use.
Support thread at WPCentral
FOLLOW ATMOSPHERE ON TWITTER
- 03-24-2013, 12:03 AM #22
I bought the app yesterday and I've been impressed. It looks good and works pretty well.
However, of course, it's still an unfinished work. Still, what I'd like to see added :
-Whole articles in the "preview" page. It just looks much better than the page where you read the article on a white background.
-Side swipes to go to the next or last article.
-Possibility to share stuff by SMS/Email
-The app randomly closed a couple of times (Nokia 920)...
-Also, I've added some more feeds but after some, I just can't scroll down the list of feeds to edit them or just look if I added them or not.
Keep up the great work. Forza!
03-24-2013, 02:14 AM #23
- 3 Posts
I also bought the app. Its a great start. Some of the built in feeds could be better. Scrolling could be a bit more smooth and refined. Swiping horizontally to get to different articles / pages would also be cool.
But its definitely a beautiful, well designed app. Looking forward to updates.
- By Jenifer in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 01-23-2011, 12:42 AM
- By Jenifer in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 01-08-2011, 06:10 PM
- By Jenifer in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 12-21-2010, 12:16 PM
- By nowshow in forum App SpotlightReplies: 0Last Post: 12-16-2010, 12:26 AM