AutoGaugeX - THE app for your car

AutoGaugeX

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
The latest update has fixed the connection issue I was having so I am now able to get readings.
The one reading I am seeing an issue with is the Manifold Pressure reading. I never goes to zero or show vacuum. I have a turbo car but at idle it shows 5psi, and between shift boost shows a spike well above the 20psi that the gauge is limited to.

The manifold pressure is actually Absolute pressure, not Gauge pressure, which is why you're not seeing it go as low as your gauges show. How high are you spikes going during shifts? Any other gauges you'd like to see editable limits on? I'd like to eventually build a setting you can turn on in the app to support turbo/super charged motors. It would essentially increase the limits of certain gauges.

Thank you!

AutoGaugeX

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Yippee! At last I have an engine code to try, just a emission system small leak. I was hoping to test the app, but it doesn't show any codes for me, bummer :(

Do you have the trial or paid? You should be able to read and reset the codes in the paid version. Please let me know!

Thanks!

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I just purchased this device: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU1965517

I cannot get it to work with the app... Is it incompatable? I am upset that I did not see the post for the BAFX... Am I at a loss? I can still return it, but is it the device or can it be resolved with an app update?

I can connect to the device with my phone... The app initializes then says it cant find the device or that my vehicle is out of range...

AutoGaugeX

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, I just purchased this device: Amazon.com: Bluetooth Car Code Reader Compatible with Android / Droid / Torque: Cell Phones & Accessories

I cannot get it to work with the app... Is it incompatable? I am upset that I did not see the post for the BAFX... Am I at a loss? I can still return it, but is it the device or can it be resolved with an app update?

I can connect to the device with my phone... The app initializes then says it cant find the device or that my vehicle is out of range...

You'll want to make sure you're paired, but not connected to the device before starting AGX. You can check this by going to your phone's Bluetooth settings. It should say "not connected" underneath the device name. If it says "connected", just tap it and it should disconnect. Also, please make sure you're vehicle is running before starting AGX. On some vehicles, the OBD2 device will send scrambled messages when the key in the On position but the vehicle not running. This can cause the app to error out.

Looking forward to hearing back. We can troubleshoot further from here.

JaredMX5

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
If you want to really separate yourself from the other apps currently out, then you would want to offer logging. It is difficult to sit and read the data on my phone when driving around, but if I could take a data sample and have it logged to read it later, that would be extremely helpful.

AutoGaugeX

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi Skynetz,

We just posted a how-to video on our YouTube channel for getting started with the app for the first time. You might try that first.

www.YouTube.com/AutoGaugeX

If it's still not working, send us a screenshot of the app (hit the Windows + lock buttons simultaneously). The status message at the top will help us further diagnose the problem. Also, if you could send us the brand of Bluetooth device you're using, that'll help as well.

Thanks!

Skynetz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi Skynetz,

We just posted a how-to video on our YouTube channel for getting started with the app for the first time. You might try that first.

www.YouTube.com/AutoGaugeX

If it's still not working, send us a screenshot of the app (hit the Windows + lock buttons simultaneously). The status message at the top will help us further diagnose the problem. Also, if you could send us the brand of Bluetooth device you're using, that'll help as well.

Thanks!
I tried it a few times, but no luck.
Screen:
wpss201308060001.png

EDIT: oh, I forgot to post which device I'm using:
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...%26_trksid%3Dp3984.m1497.l2649&token=Z4L_FmKe

Last edited:

AutoGaugeX

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Great info. Thanks for the reply.

When you receive the "Lost Connection" status at the top, it is because the Bluetooth device has responded to a request from the app with either "Searching" or "Unable to connect". Sometimes, simply unplugging the device and plugging it back in will help with this, but usually it is a device issue. Also, just to be thorough, you'll want to make sure your vehicle is OBD2 compliant. This was standard on US vehicles 1996 and later, but wasn't fully implemented in Europe until after 2001.

We purchased one of the mini Bluetooth devices, very similar to the one you posted above, and tried it during the development of the app. It would establish a connection ok, but it never once sent vehicle data. It either sent "unable to connect" or it just said "ok". It's supposed to send a hexadecimal encoded response to represent sensor data from the vehicle. I think the quality on these cheaper devices is hit or miss.

We've had good success with the BAFX unit, and have recently partnered up with PLX Devices. PLX were one of the first to market with OBD2 Bluetooth devices and have won awards at the SEMA show in Las Vegas for their products. They offer a 1 year warranty as well as a phone number to call for customer support.

I hope this has been helpful. If there's any other support we can provide, please let us know.

Skynetz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I tried to unplug and plug it back and than restart the app but it was the same as before. My car is OBD2 supported, because I connected my laptop with the car with a cable and all worked like a charm. Didn't try connecting this bt module with the laptop though (or with an android device). I hope it isn't really a device error, because I bought it a few days ago :/

Skynetz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have tried later with a laptop with my car, but it didn't work either. But today I connected it to a Škoda Rapid and it worked, lol. Why won't it work with a Škoda Felicia ?

AutoGaugeX

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I have tried later with a laptop with my car, but it didn't work either. But today I connected it to a Škoda Rapid and it worked, lol. Why won't it work with a Škoda Felicia ?

What year is the Rapid and Felicia? The OBD2 standard wasn't fully implemented in Europe until 2001 for petrol (gasoline) engines and 2004 for diesel.