Development of a movie app: good idea?

Philippe Maes

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I currently am a mobile web developer, meaning I create applications in the browser. But I would like to try and make a native app for Windows Phone.
The most difficult stage is finding a good idea...

I am a fanatic movie fan, I'm spending lots of time finding a good movie to watch.. And I think the IMDB app is lacking.
I have the idea to create an app that contains your personal movie database. When you have seen a movie you can add it to your database and give it a personal rating.
There will be an option to add a movie to your wishlist, so you remember you wanted to watch that movie at a later time.
You can also set a reminder for upcoming movies, it will give you a notification (push and on the live tile) when the movie is in your local cinema.

All this packaged in a beautiful app (I'm a lot into design :smile:).

You can compare it to the app TVShow.

If there already is an app like this, please let me know.
Depending on the poll results I will start developing after my exams (late june) and hope to finish end of july or begin august.

Thx!

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
As long as you can pull data from IMDB or Rottentomatoes and such sites, I think this is a good idea. I don't think many would go through the hazzle of adding all the information themselves though. I'm up for translations (Swedish) if you need them.

Philippe Maes

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I plan to pull movie information from the IMDB API's. I could integrete a "most popular" and "most anticipated upcoming movies" tab to make it easier to add movies to your database?
And it's good to know you're up for translations, thanks.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720