- 12-05-2013, 07:45 AM #1
Here is the link for VBA10:
Frequently asked questions:
Q: Why does VBA8 run so hot?
A: VBA8 is based on the VBA-M Emulator which favors emulation accuracy to speed. This works well on desktop, where the cpu is powerful and there is no worry for battery life. However, when used in a mobile device, it becomes a disadvantage.
Q: Why does VBA8 run so slow on devices with 512MB RAM?
A: It is not the RAM but the CPU. Those devices' CPU are not powerful enough.
Q: Why no x2, x4, x8 speed like My Boy!
A: It is just a fancy name for frame skip. If increasing frame skip does not increase emulation speed, your phone's CPU is just not powerful enough.
Q: Will you make N64, DS emulators?
A: No, anything from N64 hardware upward needs DynaRec to be efficient.
Q: I paid for the app by m.k., can you give me the paid version of this app?
A: There is no way for me to do that because MS handles all the purchases. Keep in mind that all features in m.k.'s paid app plus many new features are free in my app.
Q: How do I link VBA8 with PC?
A: You need a special version of VBA-M on PC. Download it from here: https://www.mediafire.com/?qu3i9izl4dk880b. Remember to do the following:
1. Install DirectX if you got missing DLL error: Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center
2. Choose "Cable - Network" as the link type.
3. Run the PC app as server and unblock firewall when asked.
Q: Any plan to continue developing m.k.'s Windows 8/RT apps
A: Not at the moment. However, I have compiled m.k.'s source codes and reuploaded those apps to the store, free of charge. Here is the link to download those apps:
Snes8x+: Snes8x+ app for Windows in the Windows Store
Snes8x: Snes8x | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
VBA8: VBA8 | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
VGBC8: VGBC8 | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Last edited by illidanx; 08-01-2015 at 10:49 AM.
- 12-05-2013, 08:20 AM #5
- 12-05-2013, 09:01 AM #8
- 12-05-2013, 10:56 AM #10
I have no plan for Nintendo ds at the moment. First, it has 2 screens, not sure how to show that on a smart phone. Second, DS' spec is quite high, you will need a pretty powerful smartphone to handle it. Third, a good open source DS emulator is not yet available; you have to start from somewhere right?
12-05-2013, 11:07 AM #12
- 9 Posts
No, I am talking about vba8. Where to put cheats??
Talking about ds emulator, even the cheapest android phone can lag free play it
Ios and android both have good ds emulator. Windows OS is much better than Android so why cant we have a better ds emulator??
- 12-05-2013, 11:14 AM #13
- 12-05-2013, 12:09 PM #16
- 12-05-2013, 05:09 PM #21
- 12-05-2013, 11:20 PM #23
Last edited by illidanx; 12-06-2013 at 12:20 AM.
- 12-06-2013, 12:53 AM #24
- By Raffaele Zippo in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 12-11-2013, 04:47 PM
- By nokia3660 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 12-06-2013, 03:53 AM
- By jbfoster61 in forum Nokia Lumia 1520Replies: 4Last Post: 12-05-2013, 10:19 PM
- By Window_lovin in forum Phone WarsReplies: 18Last Post: 12-05-2013, 09:03 AM
- By pouria_wpcir in forum Developers CornerReplies: 0Last Post: 12-05-2013, 04:49 AM