Windows Phone News Digest Beta App, an un-official Yahoo News Digest app

FunksMaName

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
As a software developer who is interested in quality apps that stand out on various app stores, I have come to love series of stellar apps Yahoo! has put out in the past few months. A particular app that still makes me take my android phone with me alongside my windows phone on my daily commute to work is the Yahoo News Digest app.

In a nutshell, the Yahoo digest app curates and summarizes the most relevant new stories that are relevant to your region into a few ?Digest? of about 7-10 stories which you can flip through within a few minutes. Digests are delivered in two editions on a daily basis, one in the morning at around 8:00 AM, the other at 6PM

In the past month, I have been working on an un-official Windows Phone version so that users like myself who prefer to use windows phone as our primary phone can enjoy the App. The windows Phone version is now in a closed beta and I would ideally like to expand the number of users testing it from the 6 windows phone enthusiasts that I work with to about 100 users.

If you would like to have access to the beta app, please sign up on the link below and I will provide access every 48 hours.

docs.google.com/forms/d/1N5ZRsnMzWqYGtvXGpKmmiHPN_u30Chlg8DyBC-UOE5E/viewform

Currently supported Features

• Digest news for the following regions
    • USA
    • CAN
    • United Kingdom
    • International (World)
  • In-depth Topics for Atoms (Stories)
  • Relevant Wiki links for stories
  • Live Tiles support

unified.jpg

Upcoming features in Beta, in addition to bug fixes (Windows phone 8)

• Relevant Videos (Not on low memory devices)
  • Image Gallery for Atoms (Not on low memory devices)
  • Relevant tweets for Atoms
  • Info graphs
  • Atom location Maps

Upcoming features in Beta (Windows phone 8.1)

• Offline, scheduled digest downloads (Not on low memory devices)

Support, bug reports and recommendations

Uservoice
newsdigest.uservoice.com/forums/274992

Twitter
stebytes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3