New App: "My Purchases (Powered By Slice)"

ehuna

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Slice.com is a cool service for online shoppers, they currently only have apps for iOS and Android, so I wrote an app for Windows 8.1. You can get it here:

My Purchases (Powered By Slice)
http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/my-purchases-powered-by-slice/f759f57d-25e0-4ced-b4f3-69eab8b712ed

I copy below the app description and describe some of its features. There are a couple of issues I'm still working on (see "It's not all flowers and Bumblebees - Known Issues" below), but I thought I'd release the app and let the Windows Central community be the first to take it for a ride.

If you shop online it's pretty cool to see your purchases and the graphs and charts the first time you run the app. I hope everyone likes it as much as I do :)

I hope this is the right forum to post new app announcements.
Let me know what you think!

Emmanuel

-- Overview --

'My Purchases' helps you stay organized: know what you bought, where you bought it, and when it will arrive without ever having to check your email. Here's are some of its main features -

- 'My Purchases' works seamlessly with your email inbox to find and store the e-receipts from the stuff you buy.
- Always Up to Date: Using your inbox, 'My Purchases' updates your orders automatically. So you're always on top of that receipt you don't want to lose.
- 'My Purchases' keeps track of what you buy, effortlessly: the secret to the sauce is your email inbox. Just add the email account(s) where you send your merchant notifications, and we'll do the work from there. 'My Purchases' processes shopping-related emails (such as order confirmations and e-receipts from in-store purchases) to help you easily keep track of your stuff.
- Secure and Private: 'My Purchases' is powered by Slice, which uses the same encryption security as major US financial institutions. The only emails Slice processes are those related to orders and shipping confirmations. No credit card data is ever accessed and no passwords are stored for any of your online retailer accounts.
- Free: 'My Purchases' is a free service and we're committed to staying that way for everyone, especially since we're users ourselves!
- Remove Ads and support the developer (Paid App)
- 'My Purchases' is powered by Slice - for more information on the Slice service see https://www.slice.com/shopping_intro and https://www.slice.com/how_it_works

-- What 'My Purchases' Can Do for You --

'My Purchases' is designed primarily for people that shop frequently online (at least 3 times/month), but can also benefit other types of shoppers. Check out some real-world scenarios below. If some of them sound familiar, Slice may be a good fit for you.

- If you buy from a variety of stores - We keep a record of everything you've bought, all in one place.
- If you buy a lot for others - Holidays, birthdays, baby and wedding showers... there always seems to be an event to shop for. 'My Purchases' makes it easy to remember what you've bought for someone in the past.
- If you sometimes forget what you've bought or where you bought it from - with 'My Purchases', all your purchase info is in one place. No having to log into multiple websites, dig through receipts, or manually organize your emails.
- If you Return items once in a while - We'll call up your receipt in a click, refer you to the return policy and give you the customer service phone number of any of our supported merchants, right within 'My Purchases'.

-- Main Features --

Quickly Search for a Receipt.
Find Purchases by browsing by Merchant or Category.
Graphs and Charts showing trends by Merchant or Category.
Access a Merchant's "Return Policy" page and get its support phone number.
Easily find an Order Number when contacting a Merchant.
Find Deductions when it's tax time.
Easily order the same item again.
Live Tile shows the last 5 Orders.

-- Quotes (Slice Service) --

"I think this is a spectacular app that I have found immensely useful... I love Slice!"
- Leo Laporte, Tech Journalist and Entrepreneur

"The service is incredibly secure... Slice is a must-have tool for online shipping... I actually thought it was fun to see how I've spent my money through the years. "
- CBS News

"The Best Package Tracker"
- Lifehacker

"One of the Top 10 Productivity Apps You Shouldn't Be Without"
- Business Insider

-- It's not all flowers and Bumblebees - Known Issues --

- The Yahoo and FaceBook authentications are currently not working. I have a ticket open with Slice and I'll update this thread once it works.
- On first run, you may not see any orders. Depending on how you signed up, you may need to link your mailbox on http://www.slice.com
- It may take a couple of runs and some time to retrieve your purchase history.
- Certain features, such as adding a mailbox or cancelling your service can be done directly on http://www.slice.com

'My Purchases' is the ultimate companion for the online shopper - try it out, we're sure you'll love it!

-- Features (Paid App) --

To remove ads and support the developer, please consider upgrading to the paid app. If you shop online, 'My Purchases' has your back!

-- Notes --

This is the first release of "My Purchases (Powered By Slice)" - we know you'll enjoy it as much as we do. We will soon release a Windows Phone 8.1 version - purchase the Windows 8.1 version and you'll get the Windows Phone 8.1 app for free.

Once both apps are released we will continue to add features as fast as we can -

- Notifications: Get push notifications so you know when your package is set to hit your doorstep.
- Track Packages: Track all your in-transit orders on a single map - no logging into multiple retailer websites or searching for tracking numbers in emails. Our mobile apps will even send you push notifications when a package is on its way.
- Save Money: ever discovered that the price of what you bought yesterday has dropped today? 'My Purchases' will alert you when this happens and will help you get money back.
- Be Safe: app will alert you when anything you've bought is recalled by the Consumer Products Safety Commission, helping you keep your family safe.

- Let me know what other features you'd like...

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for building this but let me ask you a question, have you ever considered building a gift card app along the lines of Gyft on android and IOS for WP?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi Jazmac, I havent - I'm not familiar with Gyft, I'll check it out, thanks.

Cool. There isn't much choice for those that want to manage gift cards on this platform. Something that could allow you to pay from your device and manage balances in your Amazon, Macy's, Lowe's etc would be a great addition on this phone.

ehuna

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone - I see a few downloads of 'My Purchases'. I'd love some feedback - let me know what you like or don't like about the app, and what other features you'd like (see 'Notes') above and I'll prioritize accordingly.

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05